NHL PLAYOFFS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
They dominated this game. Jones is the only reason the Sharks beat them. I don't see how you can say that.
Oh yeah, Vegas was definitely better tonight. Just predicting that San Jose won’t let the series go now. Obviously could be wrong! Vegas let one slip, IMO. Two chances to win the series and now jones is hot.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately for us, I don't think that EK is re-signing in SJ. I think he's determined to test the market on July 1 and take the biggest offer he can, probably from the Rangers or Panthers.

This sets up two great game sevens on Tuesday. I'll take Boston and Vegas to win them...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Unfortunately for us, I don't think that EK is re-signing in SJ. I think he's determined to test the market on July 1 and take the biggest offer he can, probably from the Rangers or Panthers.

This sets up two great game sevens on Tuesday. I'll take Boston and Vegas to win them...

If I recall, the Sharks offered Tavares 13 million last off season.

The Sharks are the only team that can offer EK 8 years. If they are willing to make a similar AAV commitment of 13M to Karlsson, that means another team has to offer 14.85M per season to match the total money of the contract.

I don't think it's a shoe in that he'll stay in San Jose, but I also think there's a good chance they pay him more over 8 years than anybody else is willing to match over 7 years and he stays. Given some of the things he's publicly said or hinted at (more than once) that paint his feelings as being that players should go for the max amount of dollars they can get, and treat it like a business, I could see him waiting it out until the window at the end of June where he can talk to other teams before he signs with San Jose.

I'd rather see the Sharks win, just in case.

Reactions: Daffy

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Personally I don't care where the little Leprochaun goes, and I hope STONE kills the Sharks tomorrow night! :thumbu:

And bye bye Leaves......:popcorn:

Reactions: rfournier103

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Your quote above ^

I was just clarifying the point - yes. he wanted the post season again and did not want to be part of the rebuild.

The explanation from Mark Stone via Justin Emerson:

Mark Stone pulled some us aside today and asked for the opportunity to clarify his comments. He said that it was not a slight at the Ottawa fans or organization, just tried to express his desire to play in the postseason.

Stone said when the organization told him they were going into a rebuild, he had to make a choice. He also said the run to the ECF two years ago was some of the most fun he’s had in his career, and has nothing but admiration for his time in Ottawa.

My personal take: He was genuine and upset that his comments were taken as a slight against Ottawa.

Right, and I never suggested he didn’t cherish his time here. The way his quote was construed by many, myself included is that given all the upheaval in the two years that followed ECF run, he no longer was having fun as a hockey player, given the fact we were on the cusp of something very special and rabidly descended to basement dwellers. I never once took his quote as slamming the Ottawa market. So him re clarifying his statements is classy and thoughtful, but irrelevant in the sense that I and most others didn’t take them as slights at the fan base, city, or even franchise for that matter.

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
"If I wasn't having fun (i.e. right now, playing in the playoffs with Vegas), I'd still be in Ottawa (helping with the rebuild)"

Obviously I can't speak for Mark Stone, but I believe that this is what he meant, especially after his follow up quotes. I'll admit to being taken aback by what I originally thought was an unnecessary cheapshot at Ottawa.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't care either way on the LV vs SJ series but God I hope the Bruins beat the Leafs.

i'd like to see Columbus win actually now that Winnipeg is out. I just liked Duchene in his time here. If they can keep the momentum after the long layoff they'll be really tough to beat

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't care either way on the LV vs SJ series but God I hope the Bruins beat the Leafs.

i'd like to see Columbus win actually now that Winnipeg is out. I just liked Duchene in his time here. If they can keep the momentum after the long layoff they'll be really tough to beat

Columbus winning would be a great story, but I am a greedy man with that draft pick.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Columbus is the team I'd like to win if it weren't for that dropping our 1st to 28th+, that would be very, very bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad