NHL PLAYOFFS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m actually shocked people would think Stone would take a cheap shot at Ottawa. He doesn’t seem like a type of guy to do that even if hypothetically he hated everything here.

Even reading the quote originally I thought nothing of it.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I want the Canes to win, but the intent to blow the whistle is the dumbest rule. Do they teach players to play from whistle to intent to blow the whistle?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ovi is as classy as they come, give me a break. The officiating was disgusting.
I quite like Ovechkin as a player and enjoy his antics as a persona but the guy runs a freaking Vladimir Putin fan Instagram propagandist page under his own name. Let's not go calling him classy. He's a great player and a good ambassador for the game but class isn't something in his vocabulary and the refs were correct in blowing down that goal.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I quite like Ovechkin as a player and enjoy his antics as a persona but the guy runs a freaking Vladimir Putin fan Instagram propagandist page under his own name. Let's not go calling him classy. He's a great player and a good ambassador for the game but class isn't something in his vocabulary and the refs were correct in blowing down that goal.

This. He was anything but classy and just looked like a salty, sore loser.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
2nd if EK re-signs

The 2nd becomes a 1st if EK both re-signs and SJS make the 'Cup final (they don't have to win the cup)

Not sure about any protection on the pick.

This year or next year? I’m assuming next year if there’s discussion regarding protection. Otherwise, us having the 31st and 32nd back to back picks could be a good way to trade our way into the upper middle portion of the 1st round, if there’s a guy good ole manner sees and declares a must get.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stars win game 6 and move on to meet St-Louis.

Nashville's window has closed imo. Don't see them being contenders the same way they've been the last 3-4 years. This was another major disappointment from a top seed, which continues the trend in the 2019 playoffs. It's awesome for us fans though to see this much new blood going on to the later rounds.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
With the way top seeds are dropping this playoffs I hope this doesn't give management false hope to think the team can compete and go throwing away futures to "go for it"

Reactions: Beville

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This year or next year? I’m assuming next year if there’s discussion regarding protection. Otherwise, us having the 31st and 32nd back to back picks could be a good way to trade our way into the upper middle portion of the 1st round, if there’s a guy good ole manner sees and declares a must get.

The deal also includes two conditional picks:
  • Should the Sharks sign Karlsson to a contract extension, Ottawa receives San Jose's second-round selection in 2021, which would upgrade to a first-round selection (not lottery protected) if San Jose reaches the Stanley Cup Final in 2019.
  • If Karlsson is on an Eastern Conference roster (reserve list) during the 2018-19 season, the Senators will receive an additional first round pick from the Sharks no later than 2022.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
it seems like most hockey players have shitty political views. Quite unfortunate.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Ovi is as classy as they come, give me a break. The officiating was disgusting.
Did you see any of that game? :laugh:

Mocking Hamilton for avoiding his hit, the refs for calling him for slashing...

He was downright embarrassing, he’s clearly lost his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad