NHL Players You've Played with or Against

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Dynamix said:
Kari Lehtonen, Antero Niittymaki, Fredrik Norrena, David LeNeveu, Mike Stutzel...

Guys that will be drafted this season: Tyrell Mason, Devin Timberlake, Tim Crowder.

EDIT: Forgot Crowder.
:bow:

How come the finnish tenders?

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
Dynamix said:
Kari Lehtonen, Antero Niittymaki, Fredrik Norrena, David LeNeveu, Mike Stutzel...

Guys that will be drafted this season: Tyrell Mason, Devin Timberlake, Tim Crowder.

EDIT: Forgot Crowder.
I really wish I had something that told me what players I played against when I went to Europe. We spent 4 days in Sweden and 4 days in Finland playing against teams when we were there....if only I could remember who we played.

Like Dyanamix though, also went to a Camp with LeNeveu and Mike Stutzel - a former PG Spruce King if I do recall correctly.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Closest I've ever come to playing with an NHL player is when I played with Eric Marsh (Brad Marsh's son) about 7 or 8 years ago. Though I am friends with a goalie (who currently plays Jr. B) who used to play against Rick Nash.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Since I'm in California, not many....Just Anson Carter, Marty McSorely, Steve McKenna, Ian Laperriere and Stephane Fiset...

Does Nick Vachon count?!?

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Raven25 said:
My buddy and teammate hanging out at my pad right now played against Patrick Marleau in Saskatchewan and said he was otherworldly good, single-handedly destroyed their team on more than one occasion

He was pretty good, no denying it, but they were a one man team so we never had any trouble with them. Though Marleau was the only reason the games were somewhat close.

Minor leaguer, Chad Hinz, was a very good minor hockey player too. He was average size at the time but built super-solid. he was tough to move in front of the net.

I still think Curtis Brown was the more dominant player in minor hockey (at least that I played against). Of course, I was a Pee-wee playing up with the Bantams at that time so he may have looked that much better simply because of that...

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Ed Jovonovski and Denis Potvin.

Both of them played in my beer league and there are also about 5-6 NHL refs and linesman in my league as well.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
Ive played against a ton of guys that have been drafted off the top of my head, mike ryan,billy ryan, brian collins, rob fried, trevor byrne(dislocated my jaw w/ an elbow),adam pinault,jon dislavatore,Ryan Glenn, Rob Bellamy, Jim Fahey, Sean Collins, among others...
I played juniors w/ james pemberton, eric lundberg,mark mccutcheon,colin mcdonald...
I played HNIB against eddie caron, mike woodford and whoever else might have been in that tourny that year...
gregg johnson,peter zingoni play on my summer team sometimes right now,
we Play against this summer, greg mauldin, steve werner, Pj Fenton, couple others who have been drafted that i cant think of right now...

zamboni

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Well I've never played with or against anyone, but I did skate with Stoll, Torres, and the rest of the Roadrunners on the same day I met Ryan Smyth.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I played minor hockey in Calgary with Mike Egener and Brady Murray. Neither of them are in the league yet but both should play a few games at least...

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Played against Brad Richards and with Morgan Warren who was drafted by the Leafs and played with St. John's for 3 years. He's now playing in Germany and in the summer on my softball team as well!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Played with: Jay McClement, Nate Robinson, John tripp, Mike Smith in Shinny.. and pick up summer hockey.

played against in minor hockey: Derek Roy, Stephen Weiss, Steve Eminger, Carlo Colaiacovo, Ben Eager, Eric Himmelfarb all from Ottawa or the GTHL. Good teams back then as well.

petrskudra1

Jun 14, 2005
Pittsburgh
Went to a stick time at Island Sports Center in Pittsburgh two summers ago and got to skate with Mario, Mark Recchi and R.J. Umberger. Best feeling in the world when Mario passed me the puck, I felt like picking up the puck and putting it in a glass case.

CH Wizard

I played against Alex Biega...in bantam...this guy is gonna be a franchise player in the NHL.

I played with Ribeiro, in an outdoor game.Also, Steve Begin came to see us play in the playoffs, last year.

I wanted to make midget espoirs or AAA but there's too much competition.I won't play with/vs stars for a year or so (because I'm gonna play MIdget BB, next year).

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Played road hockey with Wayne Primeau, (lived with a friend in highschool)
and played ice hockey with Curtis Sanford from St.L. He was two years younger than us, I was 8 at the time, his dad was coaching and he got stuck playing net because of his age...decade and a half later he's got an NHL contract to play net...maybe I should have given it a try....lol

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Well well. Lets not forget he's Lithuanian and played for them this year in Div1. Played for Russia at the World Cup. Not your thread man.

Division 1 where? He didn't play for them at the World Chamionships.

ProctorSilex said:
http://www.russianjerseys.com/cgidi...ic;f=1;t=002904

http://www.druzhbau18.com/newsstory.cfm?story_id=12

Druzhba ’78, the National Under 18 Team from Ukraine

"The most famous Druzhba youngster is NHLer Dainius Zubrus, who doesn't feel Pravilov abused the kids."

A couple years ago on CBC there was a documentary about that team and their coach. It was pretty interesting.

Oh, as for the topic, I've played with/against Brad Stuart, Jim Vandermeer, and Matt Yeats, as far as I can remember.

mik3

Apr 28, 2005
New Jersey
Gauthier will go pro, have played against him. Bobby Ryan, Glenn Anderson, Bruce Driver, Keny Daneyko, Danny Genovese could go pro.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Never played ice with/against NHLers but I have player roller against a few...

Dino Ciccarelli
Michal Pivonka
Alan May
Yvon Labre
David Poille (not sure if that counts)
Shawn Simpson (guess he doesnt really count either)

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I've played ball (road/street) hockey with Kevin McCarthy who was assistant coach of the Canes at the time. He had a wicked shot, but limited mobility since he has bum knees. He never passed though, just shot his mean blast.

Moneil18

Jul 17, 2004
Brentwood, TN
I have played against the Predators coaches and staff, including Barry Trotz, Brent Peterson, Paul Gardner, David Poille and Ray Shero. Peterson, Gardner and Shero are former NHLer's
Played with Darren Turcotte and Jim Mckenzie.
Played with /against numerous college players out of the Boston Area.
My brother played against Keith Thachuk in high school

ItsAllThere

Jul 17, 2005
I guess the best player I ever played against was Jere Lehtinen, when he was 16. I've actually played against him 2 or 3 times. The thing I remember him best about, is that he had an incredibly quick release on his shot.

I have also had the chance to play against Juha Lind and Sami Helenius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad