NHL Players You've Played with or Against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pielsman

Sep 21, 2003
Ct
I once played in a pick-up game against Doug Flutie.

He's a lot better at other sports...but he seemed cool. :)

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site

mikeyd114

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Ive trained with many NHL goalies...Theodore, Hackett, Belfour, Cujo, Healy, there are some more but im having a tough time remembering :P

Sudz

Dec 26, 2002
Visit site
Played floor hockey in high school with Kip Brennan, Derik MacKenzie and Brian McGratton. Brennan and McGratton were very intimidating to the rest of us skinny high school kids. MacKenzie was making everyone look bad so we made him play goalie. Former LA King Jim Fox's brother was my gym teacher.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
while we were both 14, i played with Luc Bourdon at Charlie Bourgeois' hockey school in Moncton. He was so impressive, by the skills he had for a D-man of his size, and that's why i told myself to always remember his name 'cause i knew he was going to play high-level hockey. i knew him personnaly, he was such a great guy, but never talked to him since.

Default101

This is kinda early but still NHL draft picks... played a few months on hte same team as Barrie Colts/ Dallas Stars B.J. Crombeen, and Mississauga Ice Dogs/Florida Panthers John Hecimovic was my line mate for a year... also i'm related to Bobby Gould on my mother's side, and i've met dino ciccarelli, pat verbeek, paul yzabaert as people my dad used to play against

MacDaddy TLC*

Played with Brent Peterson (the Tampa Lightning one, not the Sabre)

Playing against Wawa, I had a break away and some arse was chopping at my ankles the whole way up the ice. Well after the play I followed him a little bit up the ice and as he turned I hacked the SOB. He crawled to the bench and I'm sure I had to have broke his ankle. From that point on I was hunted. Well Simon got me. I was about 8-10 feet away from the boards and I swear it must have been like what happens when you get hit by a car. I was never hit that hard in my life! I could breathe in but not out until my team's trainer came on the ice and grabbed me under my arms and droppped me on my ass about 3 times on the ice until I started breathing again. After the game I looked in the tournament program for the name of the train that ran me over: it was Chris Simon. I made sure not to forget the name or number just in case we ran into Wawa again.

I played with a lot of guys that played in the USHL and NCAA.

Kruky

Jul 30, 2005
Ottawa
I trained with Theodore when we were like 7 years old. Also played against Gilbert Delorme. (He was the special guest at the rep tryouts) when I was 8 years old.

I backed up Marc Lamothe (Redwings back up goalie) in my first high school year. Although I never played a game. Also that year I practice with at least 3 or 4 players that played in the QMJHL. Don't remember their names though. But I remember their slapshots. Ouch.

TheAnalogKid

Jul 26, 2005
Windsor, Colorado
I remember a lesser used Avalanche player came to drop in hockey one morning when I was living in Denver. I think he was a slow-footed goon, maybe Francois Leroux? I'll have to phone my buddy and ask him.

Of course (wink, wink) I taught Gretzky everything he knows...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Machoking2003-04 said:
I played on a line with Shane Doan and Cliff Ronning. On NHL 98 for the playstation. had 35 goals and 40 assists.

:biglaugh: I remember playing on a line with, I think, Mike Gartner and Mark Messier in NHL '93. I seriously went 81-1-2 or something...back when they played 84 games lol...those games were cake if you had a fast player (i always made my speed a 99) and got that one move down right on your breakaways...you could score 12 goals a game just that way.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
Shean Donovan came to pickup one night at a local rink. Just the skill even grinders have is insane. He was the mostly insanely skilled player I've ever been on the ice with and he had horrible hands in the NHL. That really made me realize how good all the all stars are. And how insane the skill level of guys like Mario and Forsberg really is.

bhj

Mar 10, 2004
played floor hockey with the Sedins and Skurdra

Daniel passed to me and i shot a top corner over the canucks whale thing
it was sweet

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Played against Blaine Stoughton, one of only two players to score 50 goals in both NHL and WHA, played on a Beer League team for a few years. His first two steps were amazing and his changing of speeds going through the neutral zone pretty much made every D man look like a hack.

Also played with Gilbert Dionne. He came for a mens league game and was sort of embarassed to show his skills. He kept saying that he just wanted to play defense and distribute the puck. We talked him into not holding back for just one shift when we had two men in the box and it was a sight to see. 5 on 3 and he scored two goals in about 20 seconds.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I can't remember who I've played against, but I've played on the same team in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta with Joffery Lupul. He was friggin quick and a wicked shooter. After a hockey game in Grande Prairie(lived there later on) and I saw his parent sin the crowd and visited with him after a game at his hockey tournament up north. I've also played with a guy named Cory Stillman (not thecurrent NHLer). He's 22 and signed with the Toronto Marlies but was injured when he signed, so I still haven't seen him ont he roster sheet but it was in the papers. Previously he played for Kingston and Barrie in the OHL.

Other than that I've skated with Darcy Lowen (young Ottawa Sen around '94 and took a slap shot off the mask that blew the helmet to peices), Brent Sutter, Bill Ranford, and can't remember the rest.

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
I don't play hockey at all but my dad used to coach when we lived in Trail. Tom Renney (I think) was his assistant for a while. He knew a lot of people too, but I'm not really sure who. I was too young at the time to remember and I haven't really asked since.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I played house league with and against a very young Alexander Steen. I also played against with and against Randy Carlyle's son (Craig) and Andy Murray's son Brady.

Oh, and I played ballhockey against Teemu Selanne back when he was all the rage.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
played against quite a few picks in Travis Zajac, Kyle Chipchura, Tyler Plante, Ryan Reaves, Nigel Dawes, Joe Barnes, Brodie Dupont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->