NHL Players You've Played with or Against

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbhab*

I havent played with any NHLers, but my friend played with Jarett Stoll and I went to watch my friend play with stoll when they were in peewee playing for the Yorkton Terriers. Stoll stuck out and you could see right then and there he was going to the NHL, he was a star in that league.

I also met Nolan Baumgartner, but he sucks.

I am also related to Jody Lehman, never went NHL, but was the first goalie to score a goal on european ice. The stick and puck is in the hall.

canadahockeygirl*

I've played pickup with and against a bunch of guys in both high school and college. Too many names to regurgitate, and most are or will be career AHLers.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Just 1 -played against Brad Bombardir when he was with the Powell River Paper Kings of the BCJHL in my humbling 2 -game stint in Junior A hockey as a call-up from Junior B.
My buddy and teammate hanging out at my pad right now played against Patrick Marleau in Saskatchewan and said he was otherworldly good, single-handedly destroyed their team on more than one occasion

Calgary_Moe

Jul 30, 2003
My buddy has a funny story about playing with Darren McCarty when he was young.

I guess, as the story goes, McCarty was quite the scorer as a youth hockey player and he broke his stick out on the ice. Darren skated towards the bench calling for a stick. No one offered theirs except my buddy. (NOTE: My friend is 5'6" and McCarty is 6'1" now). So McCarty is skating away from the bench just staring at the stick (much shorter than his was), but he followed play down the ice and scored with it. When he came back to the bench, as he was giving my friend his stick back, he says, "Never give me your stick again..."

Its pretty funny the way my friend tells it, but that's it.

Moe

ProctorSilex

I have no idea, I never gave it a second thought until you pointed it out today. I think I read on that druzba page that they take "eastern european players" not so much as just Ukrainians with them.

Melanson

Apr 29, 2004
I've played pickup here in Florida with Ray Ferraro's 2 younger brothers (they were twins). I think they both got some time in the NHL with Pittbsburgh, Philly and the Rangers.

I played on a team with Jarrod Skalde who played with the Devils and Mighty Ducks. He could dominate if he wanted to but basically took it easy on the other team....much to my dismay.

A bunch of players from the IHL's Solar Bears (now defunct) used to play in our leagues during the offseason.

Kavliary2000

Nov 22, 2004
Played with:
Ramzi Abid..he was a 4th liner on my Midget AAA team
Dany Groulx..DET owns his rights..is doing very well in AHL..but will likely only be a career AHLer

Played Againts: Mike Ribeiro

canadahockeygirl*

Melanson said:
I've played pickup here in Florida with Ray Ferraro's 2 younger brothers (they were twins). I think they both got some time in the NHL with Pittbsburgh, Philly and the Rangers.

Both were also with the Bruins and one or both were possibly with the Coyotes as well, I think.

petrobruin

Mar 19, 2002
London Ont.
Visit site
Lucky Me

I get to play p/u every fri in the summer with Steve Ruchin<Jason Williams>Andy Macdonald>Brian Cambell and a few minor leagers in London .

What a blast i get pumped every friday!

We play 4 on 4 so there is a lot of ice and its real fast i love it 2hrs long with flood
in between

Im lovin it

Petr :handclap:

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
I played 2 full summer seasons with Torrey Diroberto (he played in a few pre-season Ducks games, does that count?) and played against Noah Clarke, but he has only suited for 1 or 2 NHL games so far.

Guess I have only played against local talent not of the caliber you guys have played against/with

nikolai19

Jan 5, 2003
Corona, CA
myspace.com
Funny crop!
I know Diro and played against Noah. Played against Gabe Gauthier and Ryan Hollweg a few years back in roller.

Played roller with Jim Thomson and Darren Langdon when he was with the RHI

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
Melanson said:

I played on a team with Jarrod Skalde who played with the Devils and Mighty Ducks. He could dominate if he wanted to but basically took it easy on the other team....much to my dismay.

A bunch of players from the IHL's Solar Bears (now defunct) used to play in our leagues during the offseason.

They're not related to Ray Ferraro. They're from somewhere in New York, I think. Ray Ferraro is from Trail, BC. I forgot to mention that I played against him too.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
nikolai19 said:
Funny crop!
I know Diro and played against Noah. Played against Gabe Gauthier and Ryan Hollweg a few years back in roller.

Played roller with Jim Thomson and Darren Langdon when he was with the RHI

Maybe I have played against you! :toothless

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I have played shinny with Danny Syvret's younger brother Cory in Carlisle. Cory got drafted in the first round of the OHL priority draft by London, the team Danny plays on, if Danny stays as an overager they will play together.

Ri hards

Jun 21, 2004
Bill Ranford plays with a group of guys at my arena pretty regularly...except he plays out, and still blows them away.

AG9NK35DT8*

Well I work with a guy who played with Robbie schremp, Tim Conolly and Rob Scuderi and I also believe Mark Eaton . Now he plays on NYC's Local 608 Ice hockey team, the kid is damn good about 5'9" and about 190 bulit like a brick **** house.

Last edited by a moderator:

AG9NK35DT8*

mattihp said:
Zubrus has had nothing to do with the Ukraine. He's lithuanian and plays for Russia.
Guess you opened your mouth to quick, maybe you should only talk when you know what your talking about,hows that sound. To me it sounds like a plan ;)

boomboom

Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
Played against Worrel and Lecavalier..... Montreal West Island league back when in Midget.... Know Ribeiro personaly...

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
mattihp said:
Zubrus has had nothing to do with the Ukraine. He's lithuanian and plays for Russia.
Well well. Lets not forget he's Lithuanian and played for them this year in Div1. Played for Russia at the World Cup. Not your thread man.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
until this past summer, I've skated, with, and played pickup with Dan Hamhuis and Derek Booguard on a regular basis over the past 3 years. Hammy is in PG quite often, Booguard obviously not so much, but he was usually on the ice with us a during the summer months a couple years ago.

Olaf Kolzig and Byron Dafoe were 2 goalies one night when we had the ice...THAT was a blast shooting on them

when I played Jr. B, I fought, and successfully got my ass handed to me by Darren McLachlan. That one still hurts to think about. He played for Campbell River, I played in Comox...the following year, Campbell River had John Deccaro in Net...went on to play at Ferris State, as well as Brock Hooten who went to the St. Cloud Huskies after playing in the BCHL and was drafted by the Sens...

Also played with Justin Cox and a bunch of other Prince George Cougars and Spruce Kings during the summer months while they were here

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
Kari Lehtonen, Antero Niittymaki, Fredrik Norrena, David LeNeveu, Mike Stutzel...

Guys that will be drafted this season: Tyrell Mason, Devin Timberlake, Tim Crowder.

EDIT: Forgot Crowder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad