OT: NHL Offseason (All non-Stars NHL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bruins are doing exactly what I was worried the Stars would do yesterday

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That you suck thing the Sharks fans do before the anthem is wierd. It's like they hate their singer(s) .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Hope Nill stays away from Karlsson. I know he is hurt but he is always hurt this time of year. He looks terrible for San Jose. His man beat him and he was not even in the picture when they scored.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Hope Nill stays away from Karlsson. I know he is hurt but he is always hurt this time of year. He looks terrible for San Jose. His man beat him and he was not even in the picture when they scored.
Yeah but think of the top 4
Heiskanen-Karlsson
Lindell-Klingberg.

Man that'd be great.

He's going to get a lot of money from someone but it won't be us.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Sharks vs Avs going to game 7 as well

Makar with the primary assist on the GWG. 6 points in 9 games for him now. He has struggled a bit defensively at times and been beat for a few goals (less than 10 games in the NHL so duh this is gonna happen) but man he is dangerous nearly every time he touches the puck in the offensive zone. Avs are smart with the way they generate offense though. Just get the dmen to throw it to the net and clean up the rebounds. Stars don't do this enough. Too much time spent trying to be cute. Several of Makar's assists have been from getting the puck to the net for rebounds and it clearly works out. Just gotta get it through the traffic

Sharks do the same thing, but then again neither of these teams defend the front of their net very well.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Sharks do the same thing, but then again neither of these teams defend the front of their net very well.

This is the key reason why it won't work as well for the Stars - the Blues are much better at defending than either of those teams, and without a clear lane to the net, it's just a turnover disguised as a (blocked) shot. The main reason Klingberg skates so much with the puck along the blueline is that he's looking for a chance to get the puck to the net rather than just throw it into traffic where it dies almost every time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I know some people here wanted Brassard for the 3rd we trade for Lovejoy . I think Lovejoy was better for us than Brassard was for the Avs 28 games 4 goals 1 assist . Just 1 point in the playoffs ( the assist ) . Not really what i'd call "scoring help"

Reactions: Kcb12345

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I'm not a fan of Bos but do respect their team. I'm glad they knocked off those jerks in quick fashion. Any team that has Nino Niederreiter on it automatically makes me despise them.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
If Dal eeked out game 7 in Stl and somehow beat Sj, there is no way they could beat Bos. I'm not sure if it's more painful to lose the way we did or lose in the Finals. As for Stl, I don't see a way they knock off Bos. However, this is a crazy year and anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad