NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think the Jets are pretty notorious for low balling their RFA's. Does not surprise me in the least. I know Trouba always thought he was better than he really is but was still lowballed a bit. Now Laine.
Laine has 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons while in his teens. Offering him less than Meier is nuts. Are they gonna pay Kyle Connor more than Laine? Or do they think they'll get both of them signed for around 10 million total?

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Marner signing for 6 years worth 10.8 million. ouch. Leafs now have 3 players making over $33 million combined. I am curious how the cap situation works because prior to this deal it says the Leafs were over $85 million. Now they would be at around $96 million.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Marner signing for 6 years worth 10.8 million. ouch. Leafs now have 3 players making over $33 million combined. I am curious how the cap situation works because prior to this deal it says the Leafs were over $85 million. Now they would be at around $96 million.
Over 10M of it is fake. They are guys who will go on LTIR as soon as that is set for the season, but they do have to make some moves.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So 52.9 million spent on 10 forwards next season. 5 million on 1 defensemen. 5 million on 1 goalie. 2.25 mil in injured reserve money. 1.20 in retained salary.

66 million spent already next year on the cap for the leafs. Say the cap goes up 2 million again. That means the leafs have 17 million to sign 5/6 defensemen. 1 Back up goalie. 2 forwards.

The leafs defense next year is going to be reilly and a bunch of rookies. Since they won't be able to afford barrie at his 6-7 mil per year he will probably ask for.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So 52.9 million spent on 10 forwards next season. 5 million on 1 defensemen. 5 million on 1 goalie. 2.25 mil in injured reserve money. 1.20 in retained salary.

66 million spent already next year on the cap for the leafs. Say the cap goes up 2 million again. That means the leafs have 17 million to sign 5/6 defensemen. 1 Back up goalie. 2 forwards.

The leafs defense next year is going to be reilly and a bunch of rookies. Since they won't be able to afford barrie at his 6-7 mil per year he will probably ask for.

Barrie is asking for 8 and he's getting it unless he decided to take a discount.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

Barrie will be 29. This will be his last chance at a big contract. I don't see him asking for anything less than $8 million per year unless he has a brutal season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

They'll probably lose Muzzin too and that's gonna hurt. But they'll lose Ceci too so maybe addition by subtraction too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad