NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Heh, I was just about to post a link to the same article. I liked the paragraph at the end mentioning Burns was out for the entire last 4:12 of the game, and skated almost an entire mile further during the game than any other player did.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It seems to me the Koskinen re-signing was the last straw lol
Not sure if its just company talk but they are saying that the whole organization was talking about re-signing Koskinen and the talks were on since December. But then again, the Koskinen signing was the last thing he did before getting fired. So who knows ..

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Also Doug Wilson 2nd for top GM.

Burns ranked 3rd behind Morgan Rielly is a joke. Burns is the better offensive and defensive player.
Undeserving players will always be nominated and win awards they shouldn’t like Doughty. The media is just as impressionable as fans even though they’d like to believe they’re not. Especially in the current world of social media, the media is losing objectivity because the writers don’t feel the need to sacrifice their fandom to do their jobs. The Maple Leafs have a huge fan base, and a lot of media members who don’t even hide that their fans, particularly at new gen publications like The Athletic. So it should come as no surprise that Rielly is being pushed as a Norris candidate and that it’s affecting the media at large.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad