NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@rangerssharks414 the Heritage Classic is also Western Conference (Flames vs Jets in Regina, SK; October) as is the only Stadium Series game (Colorado hosting @ USAF).

Neither opponent has been named for WC nor SS.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX

Wow.

Edit: (Yes, I know this is old news, but I didn't know until now.)

What's crazy is the lack of discussion here, the Sharks board, about this. I mean the opponent is likely not to be a Pacific Division opponent, and if true, that will still be the only division to never participate in a Jan 1 Winter Classic. (But Dallas, of course, ironically is a former Pacific Division team)

As someone who was so excited on Jan 1 2008 for that first one and the day that might come that the San Jose Sharks played in the leagues singular showcase game, even as the road team, for Dallas to get a Jan 1 WC and still no Sharks or other Pacific div representation, and even host it, eats at my craw. Living here I can attest that this fanbase doesn't even deserve a Consolation Classic appearance, let alone being in, and hosting a January 1 Winter Classic. Smh

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Former Shark Tye McGinn traded from AHL Manitoba to AHL Chicago (as part of VGK trade to Winnipeg of "extra D" prospect).

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Dunno if it fits here, but former Sharks prospect Rudolfs Balcers just scored his first NHL-goal assisted by Tierney...

Edit: now seeing the post above, I guess it fits :naughty:

Reactions: Sandisfan

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018

It either has to be that:

1. The analytics that teams use vary significantly from what is out there publicly. Although guys like Schlemko and Cody Franson are analytics darlings to many, they never stick for long with NHL teams. I refuse to believe that NHL teams are less advanced that many publicly-facing stats people, so in this case, they are probably looking at something totally different that doesn't paint those players in as pretty of a light.

or.

2. There is something else going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, and that, just maybe, Schlemko might be an asshole.

Hard to tell which is true, but there is clearly something.

Credit to DW though in only losing Schlemko, and managing to hold onto Dillon, who has been great this season.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
31 Thoughts: Pettersson, McDavid could test year-end awards thinking - Sportsnet.ca

It would not surprise anyone to hear that one of the most competitive players is Viktor Arvidsson, but another who got a few votes was Craig Smith. He smiled, but added, “There are a lot of guys you could say that about here.”

For his part, Smith said the most competitive guy he’s ever seen is San Jose’s Joe Pavelski. They skate together during the off-season.

“He’ll be on the winning teams in most of our three-on-three games. When we golf, he’s usually the best. Fishing? He’ll have the best catch.”

Don’t you just hate guys like that?

“Actually, I kind of admire it,” Smith said.

#Respect

Reactions: Lebanezer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->