NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ottawa is looking to hire a president of hockey operations.

I know it won't happen, but this person has to be able to say no to melnyk for everything.

How does that interview process go then? Hi, I want to thank you for this opportunity for this position. I feel like the most important thing is to be able to tell you to shove it when it comes to decisions on hockey ops that I don't agree with you on. Savvy? :P

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
McLellan isn't going to set the Kings back any. Their lack of talent and speed is what's going to set them back. No coach is helping them.
I don't really think McLellan is a very good developer so it could definitely set them back even further.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
How does that interview process go then? Hi, I want to thank you for this opportunity for this position. I feel like the most important thing is to be able to tell you to shove it when it comes to decisions on hockey ops that I don't agree with you on. Savvy? :P

If he doesnt agree i can guarantee nobody good will take it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't really think McLellan is a very good developer so it could definitely set them back even further.

Most NHL coaches aren't good developers of talent. The good ones just get the most out of their guys but McLellan doesn't do that either. I just don't think there's much there in LA to worry about. I don't think a good coach like a Trotz or anyone would actually turn them around. Blake has to draft and sign some real talent to help Doughty and Kopitar and jettison everyone else who is either deteriorating like Carter or is becoming indifferent like Toffoli. Blake hasn't shown anything like that thus far so I'm not worried.

If he doesnt agree i can guarantee nobody good will take it.

It's Melnyk, of course nobody good is going to take it. Ottawa is just Edmonton east in terms of ownership competence and lack of direction.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I think Lehner and Crawford are the strongest cases behind Jumbo out of the announced nominees so far. Given his age, the 2 serious injuries, and the rate that he's still producing at, I hope Jumbo gets this one.

Reactions: NiWa

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Setting the table for Tallon to bring in his buddy Quenneville.

Wonder if Boogie could replace Housley in Buffalo? They could just churn through their former defensemen to coach the team until they find one that fits.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If you're Colorado and you see the disaster in Edmonton, do you make a run at McDavid? They are the one team with the assets.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There is no GM to have a negotiation/discussion with. And I think fans would revolt if McJesus was traded.

Landeskog
Makar
Ottawa's #1 ( could be the #1 pick in the draft)
Colorado's #1

If Edmonton walks away with Jack Hughes (could be the best center outside the NHL) Makar (could be the best defenseman not in the NHL) Landeskog (great #2 center behind Hughes) and another 1st rounder......that's a lot. I know McDavid is great, but I would think long and hard about it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Landeskog
Makar
Ottawa's #1 ( could be the #1 pick in the draft)
Colorado's #1

If Edmonton walks away with Jack Hughes (could be the best center outside the NHL) Makar (could be the best defenseman not in the NHL) Landeskog (great #2 center behind Hughes) and another 1st rounder......that's a lot. I know McDavid is great, but I would think long and hard about it.
Landeskog isn’t a C and Hughes may not even be a C.

EDM isn’t in as bad a spot as everyone makes it out to be. They just need to sign a defensive 3C and maybe trade for a top 4 D or two and then get Bouchard in and they’ll be fine.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad