NHL Network top 25 Dmen

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Weber's injury overlapped the first month of last season. But after missing the first five weeks he returned and had a better season than a few players on the list above. He should be on it.

I know he was a beast when he came back, but didn't he start badly fading as the year went on?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
As a Bruins fan, and a fan of Krugs game... He's not a top 25 D-man. Maybe, Maybe he's top 35ish.

Not even sure about McAvoy right now, but a few years from now I can see him as a top 15 potentially. He's a unit.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Didn’t know Dahlin and Heiskanen were already perceived as top 25 guys

Crow

May 19, 2014
Pretty terrible assessment of d men right now. Not a bad future projection I guess?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Ekman-Larsson?

Also I can think of half a dozen players I'd pick before Parayko.

Cant see why you wouldnt have Parayko on this list. The guy has cemented himself as one of the best defensive dmen in the league and played against the oppositions best lines for the Blues' cup run. A 6'5 monster who can skate well, shut down top lines and chip in on offense reliably is easily worthy of being on here.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I know he was a beast when he came back, but didn't he start badly fading as the year went on?
Somewhat, yeah, he did. Hard to say whether it was the lack of training camp or if this represents the new normal. A quick look at the list shows three defensemen older than Weber, so it's not necessarily an age thing. Guess we'll see.

Reactions: cg98 and Kamiccolo

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Cant see why you wouldnt have Parayko on this list. The guy has cemented himself as one of the best defensive dmen in the league and played against the oppositions best lines for the Blues' cup run. A 6'5 monster who can skate well, shut down top lines and chip in on offense reliably is easily worthy of being on here.

There’s not many defenders in the league I’d take over Parayko. He’s just an all around monster.

Reactions: cg98

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
There’s not many defenders in the league I’d take over Parayko. He’s just an all around monster.
Problem is that an increasing number of fans value players almost exclusively on points and zone entries. The concept of an elite shutdown defenseman means little to many -- regardless of what the playoffs show.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Problem is that an increasing number of fans value players almost exclusively on points and zone entries. The concept of an elite shutdown defenseman means little to many -- regardless of what the playoffs show.

Yeah, true. Shattenkirk scored more points than Parayko for the Blues. Parayko is on another planet than Shattenkirk in comparison.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I wouldn't say badly fading, altought he did slow down a little which happens frequently for players missing a lot of games (strong start then little fade). He had a good year anyway. Will be interesting to see how he does next year with a real summer of training. He was a total beast for his first 20-25 games after coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad