NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
462470384.jpg.0.jpg

GM Doug: Uuuuhhhhh... what was I saying again? Oh, yeah, let me consult this list in my pocket. Says here "Pick Third Line Left Wing". Also scribbled next to it "Not Vet". Also, the two names here are crossed off.

Huh.

Ok, time for some Dougie magic! Lemme see, third line so I should pick a... no, wait note says not a vet. Ok, super special Dougie magic. It doesn't say anything about size so clearly if they're on the third line they need size. But not a vet. But with size. Man, this is harder than I thought, but the Dougster will prevail.

Ok, so third line means defensively responsible but there are kids on the line with skill so someone who will work well with them...But not a vet...uh...

TK:
Just passing through Doug, don't mind me. Just gonna leave this here.
0a5ad546d4016f3779358221cad29e0d05727f4f.gif

GM Doug: Hey TK. Oh look, there's another note in my pocket. How did I miss that? What's this say?

"With this pick the Chicago Chimpanzees select LW Jordan Greenway."

Huh, nice. Cool. Dougie strikes again. Good thing I had one more name in my back pocket.

daf73f93f1b2bd48052c780eca129286649009fa.gifv

@Chuck Downie is up.

Son of a. I can't blame you. This is clearly @Striiker's fault. He pushed you into doing it.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Album

View attachment 421869

Revolver- The Beatles

@pit

“Strawberry Fields Forever” is a single.

And Revolver is the best and most cohesive and most concentrated Beatles album from start to finish. Great choice, Berry.

It's great, but I do not agree with this take.

Greatest Beatles album ever, imo
Rubber Soul and Abbey Road are tied for a close 2nd.

We may all have different favorites, but I think none of us are arguing that it's self-titled. That's the most important thing.

Please note that I did not call it bad. It's just a disjointed mess.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My first pick completes my third line and represents excellent value at this point of things, especially when you consider that after the Douglas Hamilton signing, when I need a hockey fix, I am going to turn to my second team, the Red Wings.

cut.jpg

Team Center - Joe Veleno

My second pick may look plain, but if you have ever had them, you will know that these things are like crack.

MGC_460x460.png

If nobody else wants Cheerios I am going to bring all of them with me, but I will leave it with just this one for now in case someone else wants one of the other flavors.

Team Cereal - Multi Grain Cheerios

@Chuck Downie

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It has just come to my attention that these are actual Kid Rock album titles:

Rock n Roll Jesus
Rebel Soul
Cocky
Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp
Sweet Southern Sugar

Kid Rock was an upper middle class kid from rural Michigan! What a f***ing disaster. I'd rather listen to "Revolution 9" looped than Kid Rock, the Tyrell Goulbourne of Phase 6 3rd round picks. Though Kid Rock is still a better pick than Ryan Merkley.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Rock n Roll Jesus
Rebel Soul
Cocky
Sweet Southern Sugar

Kid Rock was an upper middle class kid from rural Michigan! What a f***ing disaster. I'd rather listen to "Revolution 9" looped than Kid Rock, the Tyrell Goulbourne of Phase 6 3rd round picks. Though Kid Rock is still a better pick than Ryan Merkley.

Rejected Kid Rock album title: Igneoramus

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Rock n Roll Jesus
Rebel Soul
Cocky
Sweet Southern Sugar

And yet, Kid Rock > the Flyers coaching staff.

And I don’t like Kid Rock

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Re the White album
You can tell they were starting to fracture when you listen to this album and it does contain some real filler.

But, if you cut it down to 1 record, it would be one hell of an album

Back in the USSR
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Glass Onion
Helter Skelter
Julia
I’m So Tired
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
Dear Prudence
Revolution #1

That would be a killer record

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
“Strawberry Fields Forever” is a single.

And Revolver is the best and most cohesive and most concentrated Beatles album from start to finish. Great choice, Berry.
Sgt. Pepper ain't no slouch, though. :p:

Edit: and, you know what? I always associated Strawberry Fields Forever with Sgt Pepper, but it's not actually on that album, either. :laugh: It is just a single with Penny Lane.
Strawberry Fields was released in the US as a single first and later that year again on the Magical Mystery Tour album. MMT was released as an album in the US, with the songs from the movie on the first side and the 1967 singles/B-sides included on the flip side. In the UK though it was just released as an EP with only the movie songs. For that reason some people still don't count it as an album even though I'm 99% it's included as part of the Beatles' canon discography now.

Both Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane were intended to be released on Sgt. Pepper. However, since the Beatles hadn't released anything new in six months (and hadn't released anything new for the holiday season a couple months before), George Martin decided to have the two songs released as a single instead, which he later admitted to regretting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln