NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I've never seen that before. It's pretty amazing and awkward at the same time. Kele definitely wasn't on board at first, but he seemed fine by the end. :laugh: The result was worth it for sure.

The Take-Away Show is a great little web series. Highly recommend you check them out. Lots of great impromptu street performances.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
LW - Eeli Tolvanen

14fa5f6456ab2431feac0d85a136982f.png

@Strawberry Fields

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We're finally done with the hockey picks, so let's actually take a look at the non-hockey players list.... Ohhhhh, I see. Soup, condiment, a very heavy "foodie" round.

The Seattle Sockeyes will kick off the non-hockey player picks with our team album. This album is adored by hip hop fans and critics alike, the only studio album released before the artist's death. We chose this album, not for its critical acclaim, but for the fact that it contains, objectively, the greatest song ever written. We are of course referring to the song Juicy:

*Warning: NSFW/offensive lyrics in the song

Team album: Ready to Die by Notorious B.I.G.

View attachment 421785

@Young Sandwich, please proceed with your next seminar.

You're not the FlyTimmos, but you're now in second place. I would die for the Sockeyes.

For our next seminar, the Sexpos would like to drop some indie rock knowledge on the entirety of the QVMDL. The year is 2005, Young Sandwich is in the prime of his collegiate career as an engineering student and seasoned partygoer at Drexel University in West Philadelphia. This album dropped and united fans of various music genres into one happy dance-fueled family. If you couldn't get down with this album, did you even enjoy music or were you just a curmudgeon on a warpath to ruin fun for anyone and everyone? It's not Kid Rock, but it's a damn good album, and one that will be enshrined forever in the Quackverse as the Sexpos' Team Album.

Team Album - Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Go ahead and pick after nap time @Striiker

Wait a minute. How many people in this thread did undergrad at Drexel? That's at least 3. :laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
“Strawberry Fields Forever” is a single.

And Revolver is the best and most cohesive Beatles album from start to finish. Great choice, Berry.
Sgt. Pepper ain't no slouch, though. :p:

Edit: and, you know what? I always associated Strawberry Fields Forever with Sgt Pepper, but it's not actually on that album, either. :laugh: It is just a single with Penny Lane.

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
462470384.jpg.0.jpg

GM Doug: Uuuuhhhhh... what was I saying again? Oh, yeah, let me consult this list in my pocket. Says here "Pick Third Line Left Wing". Also scribbled next to it "Not Vet". Also, the two names here are crossed off.

Huh.

Ok, time for some Dougie magic! Lemme see, third line so I should pick a... no, wait note says not a vet. Ok, super special Dougie magic. It doesn't say anything about size so clearly if they're on the third line they need size. But not a vet. But with size. Man, this is harder than I thought, but the Dougster will prevail.

Ok, so third line means defensively responsible but there are kids on the line with skill so someone who will work well with them...But not a vet...uh...

TK:
Just passing through Doug, don't mind me. Just gonna leave this here.
0a5ad546d4016f3779358221cad29e0d05727f4f.gif

GM Doug: Hey TK. Oh look, there's another note in my pocket. How did I miss that? What's this say?

"With this pick the Chicago Chimpanzees select LW Jordan Greenway."

Huh, nice. Cool. Dougie strikes again. Good thing I had one more name in my back pocket.

daf73f93f1b2bd48052c780eca129286649009fa.gifv

@Chuck Downie is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad