NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Team Cereal - Reese's Puffs

d050e847cbb3266b32cc90a4bfa031bd.png

@Young Sandwich
Daaaaaaaamn, I got snuck by one pick.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
"Mother Nature's Son" and "Sexy Sadie" simply NEED to be on any cut down record. I actually quite like filler others like "Martha My Dear" (about Paul's dog....bonus points); "Savoy Truffle"; "Ob-La-Di"; "Bungalow Bill"; etc. There's more songs I generally like than don't, messy as the album is. But the first 2 are essentials to me with your grouping.
Sexy Sadie is a great tune. Every once in a while, if I have the right crowd, I’ll cover it. The Beatles songs I regularly cover are Strawberry Fields Forever and Being For the Benefit of Mr Kite.

The latter always gets a nice response, probably because it’s not one folks expect to hear.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Most of you probably don't even know this existed, but it was tremendous. I'm actually kind of glad that I just got sniped or else I wouldn't have rediscovered this one. So f*** you and thank you at the same time, @Striiker. :laugh: This is a cousin of the GOAT that was taken by @Rebels57, but a different cereal altogether.

51gP%2Bm2dS8L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Team Cereal - Peanut Butter Toast Crunch

Time for your seminar @CanadianFlyer88

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Most of you probably don't even know this existed, but it was tremendous. I'm actually kind of glad that I just got sniped or else I wouldn't have rediscovered this one. So f*** you and thank you at the same time, @Striiker. :laugh: This is a cousin of the GOAT that was taken by @Rebels57, but a different cereal altogether.

51gP%2Bm2dS8L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Team Cereal - Peanut Butter Toast Crunch

Time for your seminar @CanadianFlyer88
Oooooooooooooo I’ve never even seen that before.

Does it still exist?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I'm a bit bummed that I can't even name the name of the cereal I wanted to take. I never even tried it, it was a store brand, but the box was so ridiculous. In fact, half of the varieties looked like the characters were on serious drugs.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Given the run on cereal, I will pick this now because I can't not have it.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select the only cereal that not only tasted good (enough), but also paired with a TV show where the most well known athletes of the 80s/90s came together to fight crime and save the environment. The TV show lasted one season, but gave us memorable characters like baseball player, Cleets Robinson, pirate, Short John Silver, and Brazilian captain, Nemo Ipanema. :laugh:

The theme song is hilariously awful. Check out episode one here:

Our team cereal is Pro Stars.

s-l400-1.jpg

@BiggE, take it away!

Here's the Wikipedia bio on the show's main characters:

• Michael Jordan (voiced by Dorian Harewood) - He is the leader of the troupe. He is exceptionally smart and talented with complicated contraptions, and he encourages children to study mathematics and the sciences.
  • Wayne Gretzky (voiced by Townsend Coleman) - He typically plays the role of comic relief. Inexplicably, his mind is always on food.
  • Bo Jackson (voiced by Dave Fennoy) - He provides the proverbial "muscle" for the heroes. He is immensely strong, and has a bit of a mean streak. His strength often approaches superhuman levels, such as in the series opening, when he uses a gigantic tree trunk like a club against a logging robot.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I don't really know why anyone would feel the need to be protective over the Beatles - you've had roughly 7 billion people slobbering over them for 50+ years.

I don't even have anything against them, nor would I try to make a serious case that they aren't as good as everyone says they are. It's just that past a certain point, I don't understand for the life of me how people don't get bored of it, meaning both the music and the talking about it. I'm not saying anyone should - I'm saying I can't understand it. My assumption with the Beatles has always been and will always be that it is a me problem and not a them problem, and I'm OK with it.
This is how I feel about Star Wars- uber successful billion-dollar movie franchise owned by the biggest corp in the world, not taboo at all to like it anymore, and I've never met or seen a SW fan who didn't get uber defensive if you do anything less than praise it :)

People just get defensive over the things they like, it's only natural. Your take is more than fair. I don't get as defensive as you'd think about this stuff in real life. One of my best friends amongst my coworkers hates the Beatles and it doesn't really matter to me at all because we've got other common interests, particularly animation.

Now my other buddy at work routinely likes to shit on Back to the Future to me, which sits less well with me, but it's kind of a longer story.

Being For the Benefit of Mr Kite.
This is a top 10 favorite of mine (well, with regard to Beatles songs)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select the only cereal that not only tasted good (enough), but also paired with a TV show where the most well known athletes of the 80s/90s came together to fight crime and save the environment. The TV show lasted one season, but gave us memorable characters like baseball player, Cleets Robinson, pirate, Short John Silver, and Brazilian captain, Nemo Ipanema. :laugh:

View attachment 421906

@BiggE, take it away!

• Michael Jordan (voiced by Dorian Harewood) - He is the leader of the troupe. He is exceptionally smart and talented with complicated contraptions, and he encourages children to study mathematics and the sciences.
  • Wayne Gretzky (voiced by Townsend Coleman) - He typically plays the role of comic relief. Inexplicably, his mind is always on food.
  • Bo Jackson (voiced by Dave Fennoy) - He provides the proverbial "muscle" for the heroes. He is immensely strong, and has a bit of a mean streak. His strength often approaches superhuman levels, such as in the series opening, when he uses a gigantic tree trunk like a club against a logging robot.

I absolutely watched this as a kid, but I didn’t know what it was called. I just watched it because it had Jordan, Bo, and Gretzky. I didn’t even know it was a cereal.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

View attachment 421906

@BiggE, take it away!

This is 80s/early 90s animation at its absolute finest.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I absolutely watched this as a kid, but I didn’t know what it was called. I just watched it because it had Jordan, Bo, and Gretzky. I didn’t even know it was a cereal.
It might be like this for all of my childhood favourite shows, but I watched a bit of the episode above and couldn't believe how awful it was. :laugh:

I loved this show, almost certainly because of the star athletes angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->