NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Next selection is defenceman Denis Bodrov

Known for his partial season with Adirondack and literally nothing else.

Denis Bodrov at eliteprospects.com

13806.jpg

@pit is up!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Re the White album
You can tell they were starting to fracture when you listen to this album and it does contain some real filler.

But, if you cut it down to 1 record, it would be one hell of an album

Back in the USSR
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Glass Onion
Helter Skelter
Julia
I’m So Tired
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
Dear Prudence
Revolution #1

That would be a killer record
The White Album is pretty much a compilation record of four solo artists (well, three plus Ringo, going solely by body of work). Only half of the thirty songs feature all four of them playing. Definitely not a favorite of mine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Re the White album
You can tell they were starting to fracture when you listen to this album and it does contain some real filler.

Back in the USSR
Glass Onion
Helter Skelter
Julia
I’m So Tired
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
Dear Prudence
Revolution #1

Great take - always felt this way

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The White Album is pretty much a compilation record of four solo artists (well, three plus Ringo, going solely by body of work). Only half of the thirty songs feature all four of them playing. Definitely not a favorite of mine.
Very true, but it does contain some excellent tunes. I especially love Clapton’s lead work on While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Re the White album

Back in the USSR
Glass Onion
Helter Skelter
Julia
I’m So Tired
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
Dear Prudence
Revolution #1

"Mother Nature's Son" and "Sexy Sadie" simply NEED to be on any cut down record. I actually quite like filler others like "Martha My Dear" (about Paul's dog....bonus points); "Savoy Truffle"; "Ob-La-Di"; "Bungalow Bill"; etc. There's more songs I generally like than don't, messy as the album is. But the first 2 are essentials to me with your grouping.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
My first pick completes my third line and represents excellent value at this point of things, especially when you consider that after the Douglas Hamilton signing, when I need a hockey fix, I am going to turn to my second team, the Red Wings.

cut.jpg

Team Center - Joe Veleno

My second pick may look plain, but if you have ever had them, you will know that these things are like crack.

MGC_460x460.png

If nobody else wants Cheerios I am going to bring all of them with me, but I will leave it with just this one for now in case someone else wants one of the other flavors.

Team Cereal - Multi Grain Cheerios

@Chuck Downie
Back at the peak of my athletic involvement, I was known to eat 8-10 bowls of Cheerios in one sitting, usually in the late evening. :laugh:

I tried with Multi-Grain and couldn't eat more than 3-4, so I went back to the regular kind.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just dont think its their best album lol

1 - Srgt. Pepper
2 - Abbey Road
3 - Revolver / Rubber Soul depending on what day it is

I mean those are my favorite 4 too. They're 4 of my most favorite albums ever. I just like where Revolver sits in their overall body of work: it's a lean and efficient blend of everything before and after, while being innovative and never feeling indulgent. I adore Sgt. Pepper and its artistry, but it could be described as a little less earnest and a little more self-aware than Revolver. They're 1A and 1B for me though. I do waffle.

Abbey Road has one of the worst Beatles songs ever in "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," and for me, Side 1 (minus "Something" and apologies to Jojo, "Come Together") is good but a little light, and I wish "I Want You" was half the length. Side 2 is a f***ing masterpiece.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
e2556079-e99c-420b-85a6-7a9a014d0b01_750x422.jpg

GM Doug: Does anyone know when I was fed last? I'm hangry.
latest

Jacob Trouba: You missed the BBQ.
GM Doug: What's with the creepy smile?
JT: Me? No, this is just my smile. I definitely don't have an issue with Buff. Why would you say that?
GM Doug: I didn't.
JT: I mean, just because I was stuck behind him in Winnipeg and wanted to be traded and now I'm drafted here and he's the one who gets to grill the ribs when I'm clearly really good at it I mean why would that make me smile for no reason?

GM Doug:
Picard-Facepalm.gif

JT: So yes, I am smiling because I like to smile and that it's. It's not creepy.
GM Doug: None of this deals with my hunger. And as much as I love Chipotle, I've been eating it a lot.
JT: What else do you have? Doritos?
GM Doug: You're new here. Let's not go there. Also, not substantial enough.
JT: Says here we get grilled cheese.
GM Doug: Oh, that's a thought, but not quite enough.
JT: Why not pair it with some soup?
GM Doug: Oh hey, we have a soup category. The best match for grilled cheese is a bit boring on its own, but as a pairing, it's a good idea.
JT: A match with grilled cheese? So we're choosing ketchup?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

GM Doug: Ok, now you've put me off that idea. I'm going in a totally new direction now.

For team soup, the Chimpanzees are pleased to skip the obvious option and select the far superior Hot and Sour Soup.

JT: So did I just lose out AGAIN?
GM Doug: Go pound sand newbie.
JT:
6ac45a85-eb0c-4559-a629-ff4b90858dfd_text.gif
GM Doug: That's the whole reason I drafted you. But let's not get into that. @Strawberry Fields is up.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I mean those are my favorite 4 too. They're 4 of my most favorite albums ever. I just like where Revolver sits in their overall body of work: it's a lean and efficient blend of everything before and after, while being innovative and never feeling indulgent. I adore Sgt. Pepper and its artistry, but it could be described as a little less earnest and a little more self-aware than Revolver. They're 1A and 1B for me though. I do waffle.

Abbey Road has one of the worst Beatles songs ever in "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," and for me, Side 1 (minus "Something" and apologies to Jojo, "Come Together") is good but a little light, and I wish "I Want You" was half the length. Side 2 is a f***ing masterpiece.

You've timed this after a Czechoslovakia reference, which trumps everything. There is nothing here but grudging respect. Plus you correctly identifed Maxwell as a blight upon ears.

It's almost been 30 years. I'm still flummoxed. Czechoslovakia.

Almost as bad as "Come Together.".

Underlined= God-tier take.

You're wonderful people and I don't tell you that often enough.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Speaking of Czechoslovakia, Milan Kundera >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F***ing Ernest Hemingway.

Reactions: mja and BiggE

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I do not like you right now

I don't really know why anyone would feel the need to be protective over the Beatles - you've had roughly 7 billion people slobbering over them for 50+ years.

I don't even have anything against them, nor would I try to make a serious case that they aren't as good as everyone says they are. It's just that past a certain point, I don't understand for the life of me how people don't get bored of it, meaning both the music and the talking about it. I'm not saying anyone should - I'm saying I can't understand it. My assumption with the Beatles has always been and will always be that it is a me problem and not a them problem, and I'm OK with it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't really know why anyone would feel the need to be protective over the Beatles - you've had roughly 7 billion people slobbering over them for 50+ years.

I don't even have anything against them, nor would I try to make a serious case that they aren't as good as everyone says they are. It's just that past a certain point, I don't understand for the life of me how people don't get bored of it, meaning both the music and the talking about it. I'm not saying anyone should - I'm saying I can't understand it. My assumption with the Beatles has always been and will always be that it is a me problem and not a them problem, and I'm OK with it.
The Beatles are the Kevin Hayes of bands

dont @ me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad