NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SIX! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
They are working on the server issues
upload_2021-4-12_20-40-51.gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Whoever said the servers ran on a Commodore 64 was wrong. It's a TRS-80 with a tape drive.

Ahh, memories. A friend with the first personal computer I ever saw had one. You had to fast-forward the cassette and listen for a particular sound for the start of the game. My pet brontosaurus and I loved that thing.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Okay take 2:

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks ownership are all huge lovers of soup. Many, many types come to mind and make our mouths water. Ah, the torture of only getting to pick one! Alas, we will have to select a particularly memorable one. Few soups are as iconic, particularly in Quebecois circles, as French onion.

iu

"Hot, thick, gooey cheese floating serenely on an island of crusty bread, which is soaking up the delicious broth and onions underneath. Few things bring warmth back to the body after a full day out in the cold winter air."

I cede the mic to @Rebels57.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Okay take 2:

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks ownership are all huge lovers of soup. Many, many types come to mind and make our mouths water. Ah, the torture of only getting to pick one! Alas, we will have to select a particularly memorable one. Few soups are as iconic, particularly in Quebecois circles, as French onion.

iu

"Hot, thick, gooey cheese floating serenely on an island of crusty bread, which is soaking up the delicious broth and onions underneath. Few things bring warmth back to the body after a full day out in the cold winter air."

I cede the mic to @Rebels57.

Damn. I was right to worry about you sniping me, I was just wrong on the category.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
upload_2021-4-13_8-3-48.gif

Um, what? Favorite soup? What the hell is this crap?
upload_2021-4-13_8-4-6.gif

JUST READ THE DAMN CARD!
upload_2021-4-13_8-6-29.gif

upload_2021-4-13_8-4-41.gif

JUST READ THE
upload_2021-4-13_8-6-38.gif

upload_2021-4-13_8-4-48.gif

JUST
upload_2021-4-13_8-5-19.gif

Now that I just knocked that dumb sonofabitch out, give me a HELL YEAH!
upload_2021-4-13_8-6-57.gif

The official, WHAT? soup of the Jacksonville WHAT? Methgators is, CUBAN BLACK BEAN!!
upload_2021-4-13_8-7-21.jpeg

And that’s the bottom line, CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!
upload_2021-4-13_8-5-50.gif

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We're finally done with the hockey picks, so let's actually take a look at the non-hockey players list.... Ohhhhh, I see. Soup, condiment, a very heavy "foodie" round.

The Seattle Sockeyes will kick off the non-hockey player picks with our team album. This album is adored by hip hop fans and critics alike, the only studio album released before the artist's death. We chose this album, not for its critical acclaim, but for the fact that it contains, objectively, the greatest song ever written. We are of course referring to the song Juicy:

*Warning: NSFW/offensive lyrics in the song

Team album: Ready to Die by Notorious B.I.G.

Ready_To_Die.jpg

@Young Sandwich, please proceed with your next seminar.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
For our next seminar, the Sexpos would like to drop some indie rock knowledge on the entirety of the QVMDL. The year is 2005, Young Sandwich is in the prime of his collegiate career as an engineering student and seasoned partygoer at Drexel University in West Philadelphia. This album dropped and united fans of various music genres into one happy dance-fueled family. If you couldn't get down with this album, did you even enjoy music or were you just a curmudgeon on a warpath to ruin fun for anyone and everyone? It's not Kid Rock, but it's a damn good album, and one that will be enshrined forever in the Quackverse as the Sexpos' Team Album.

Team Album - Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Go ahead and pick after nap time @Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For our next seminar, the Sexpos would like to drop some indie rock knowledge on the entirety of the QVMDL. The year is 2005, Young Sandwich is in the prime of his collegiate career as an engineering student and seasoned partygoer at Drexel University in West Philadelphia. This album dropped and united fans of various music genres into one happy dance-fueled family. If you couldn't get down with this album, did you even enjoy music or were you just a curmudgeon on a warpath to ruin fun for anyone and everyone? It's not Kid Rock, but it's a damn good album, and one that will be enshrined forever in the Quackverse as the Sexpos' Team Album.

Oh, you bitch - that's my jam :laugh: Luckily it wasn't my pick, though. Best album of this century hands-down in that [whatever title you want to give it] genre, which is the only genre that matters.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Great pick! It's just consistently awesome all of the way through.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Oh, you bitch - that's my jam :laugh: Luckily it wasn't my pick, though. Best album of this century hands-down in that [whatever title you want to give it] genre, which is the only genre that matters.
Don't worry, I'll let you listen if you're nice.

I know I called it indie rock, but like you were getting at and I mentioned, it's a multi-genre-spanning album that endears itself to so many different people. Plus there's not a single bad song on the entire album. It's one you just toss on and let her eat. I've been playing it a ton at the house recently and even my tiny children love it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Don't worry, I'll let you listen if you're nice.

I know I called it indie rock, but like you were getting at and I mentioned, it's a multi-genre-spanning album that endears itself to so many different people. Plus there's not a single bad song on the entire album. It's one you just toss on and let her eat. I've been playing it a ton at the house recently and even my tiny children love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad