NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
With our first of two selections, the Sexpos are proud to announce our outdoor game location. Just off Norway's northwestern coast, this location has clear blue waters that rival the Mediterranean, craggy mountains that rival Iceland, and enough museums and fishing villages to rival any Scandinavian hot spot. Yet while it may draw some comparisons, the beauty here is truly unparalleled: think colorful fishing villages, majestic fjords, and tons of opportunities to see the Northern Lights in the winter.

This place is also home to one of the most unique football pitches in the world, which we will convert to a hockey rink as necessary.

0rwuOoK.jpeg

Team Outdoor Game Location - Lofoten Islands, Norway

Stay tuned for more after these messages.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Ghibli franchise is not just about Studio Ghibli. We have an eclectic band of franchise friends. Hayao Miyazaki is already on staff as a consultant, so we don’t need to select him as our “notable” fan. But we are the Honolulu Ghibli, so let’s Honolulu this biznatch up!

The Honolulu Ghibli swoon over our Notable Team Fan…..Magnum, P.I (or Tom Selleck, if the Quackverse doesn’t allow fictional notable fans but c'mon).

tumblr_pe8hn2r4Fh1wzvt9qo1_540.gif

When man, woman, and child see Magnum pull up to home games in his Ghibli-decal Ferrari and wearing his Ghibli themed Hawaiian shirt, it’s only natural to become weak in the knees. Because he is now the coolest f***ing Ghibli fan in existence. There’s no losing when you have a 'stache like that in your corner.

giphy.gif

@Rebels57 -- go Fog yourself

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I probably could have drawn this out more and thought of a more elaborate plan than this but it's what we're going with...

We have chosen The Las Vegas Strip (Bellagio) as our Outdoor Game Location where the Las Vegas Desert Ducks will take on their rival the Providence Playtpi. The rink will be constructed in front of the Bellagio where they conduct their Fountain Shows. I don't know what to call that body of water.

Good luck to the goalies in advance with all of those lights.

fd.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The Ghibli franchise is not just about Studio Ghibli. We have an eclectic band of franchise friends. Hayao Miyazaki is already on staff as a consultant, so we don’t need to select him as our “notable” fan. But we are the Honolulu Ghibli, so let’s Honolulu this biznatch up!

The Honolulu Ghibli swoon over our Notable Team Fan…..Magnum, P.I (or Tom Selleck, if the Quackverse doesn’t allow fictional notable fans but c'mon).

When man, woman, and child see Magnum pull up to home games in his Ghibli-decal Ferrari and wearing his Ghibli themed Hawaiian shirt, it’s only natural to become weak in the knees. Because he is now the coolest f***ing Ghibli fan in existence. There’s no losing when you have a 'stache like that in your corner.

giphy.gif

That name is forever cursed on these boards. You've used it twice and now we're one step away from a Beetlejuice summoning.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

giphy.gif

You son of a bitch. This hurts almost as bad as when Buffy was taken. I almost drafted him for like 10 different categories lol

At least it makes sense with your Hawaii theme though.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
9206c16f-a13f-447c-9075-8c25af413c68_1920x1080.jpg

GM Doug: Sooooo, what I need is something to inspire the players.
Bryan Trottier: Isn't that the captain's job?
GM Doug: Have you seen our captain?
BT: Who is it again?
GM Doug: McDavid.
BT: You mean this guy?
upload_2021-6-7_13-48-3.jpeg

GM Doug: Worse, I mean this guy.
a93fa99f80e98be98d1e73ff99dfc8df.jpg

BT: I see what you mean.
GM Doug: So they need de facto inspiration.
BT: A hot notable female fan?
GM Doug: Trots, that's what we call distraction, not inspiration. Puck bunnies out, stirring words in.
BT: So, team motto?
GM Doug: That's right. I am going to draw on my vast film lore for this.
BT: Oh. I see.
GM Doug: Yep, here we go!

The Chicago Chimpanzees are pleased to select as their team motto Carpe Diem, as made popular by the film Dead Poet's Society. Seize the day boys!

giphy.gif

BT: Oh, that's pretty good.
GM Doug: Yeah, and it's the shortest too. Who's on fire Trots? That's right, it's GM Doug. And now, @CanadianFlyer88 !

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad