NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE ELEVEN! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Les Comiques first pick in Phase Eleven will be rental pick up

John Druce

John Druce at eliteprospects.com

cut.jpg
Ew. Who takes a hockey player. Honestly.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Mushi mush. Nani? Oh, it's you again. Come in, I guess. Take your f***ing shoes off, you animals.

1Zw.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @GKJ on deck, and @Hollywood Couturier on the lido deck. He enjoys loopholes.

oRyuLxy.gif

Then there is Magua on the lido afterdeck, and Hurricane on the afterdeck afterparty deck, and pit on the after the storm there is a golden sky deck.

The reason I am listing all these names is that I have plans today. First, I am Grim Dawning, mostly for the Malmouth Resistance, but also on behalf of the Coven of Ugdenbog. Then this afternoon I am getting my first shot of the flu, or the cure, or whatever this joke is. When people ask me "Tiger Pants, why? Are you afraid of the wrath of OtherPantsareDancing should you skip the poke?" I'm like "F*** no." And then they are always like "Then why, TP?" and I always go "Dude, the internet out here is so shitty. You know that. The monkeys suck. This is the only way I will ever have high-speed internet again. I'm getting the shot so we have 5G and can use my body as a hotspot."

So that's today. Sco Collin.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I want to invest more time in the other categories because they rule. So i'll just throw this one out there for now.

PORTLAND FOG TEAM SPITE

OVERUSED HFBOARDS PHRASES

Examples Include
  • In A Vacuum
  • Nice Strawman
  • Bleeding Value
  • Winning In the Margins
  • TWO YEARS AWAY FROM CONTENDING
So on and so forth. Next time you go to type one of the above phrases, slap yourself in the face instead.

@GKJ you're up.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu Ghibli delve back into the Studio Ghibli archives to select as their Team Fortress/Lair: Laputa.

CASTLEINTHESKY_Photo_03.jpg

Laputa is quite literally, as the movie Castle in the Sky suggests (though it's originally from Gulliver's Travels), a castle in the sky! Laputa, as the story goes, was once the heart of an ancient and advanced civilization. It was powered by special crystals -- love special crystals! -- which enabled it to float in the clouds and possess devastating unmatched weaponry. It was abandoned by the Laputans long ago, lost to myth and the skies, but the Ghibli franchise has rediscovered Laputa and will call it our fortified home!

All Quackies are welcome to visit. Air ship travel and automaton guides will be provided.

49a2c5906f6bd39d80032e75180a40f7.gif

@Hurricane28 -- get this wagon train a movin'

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Team One Hit Wonder: "Come on Eileen"- Dexys Midnight Runners

I was going to take Take on Me but is that considered a one hit wonder? I know a-ha had like one or two other songs that were well known

@pit

Great choice..and yes, A-Ha are one-hit wonders for sure.

Reactions: BiggE

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
cut.jpg

GM Doug: In drafting, usually you try and figure out what might fall to you. Even though you value it, you try not to BLEED VALUE by selecting picks that will get taken earlier. Now, IN A VACUUM, that's not a bad idea. But if someone else secretly values it a bit less than you but earlier than you pick it and it's gone. You've gone from WINNING IN THE MARGINS to losing in the middle of the page. Do that enough and you're perpetually TWO YEARS AWAY FROM CONTENDING. I figure anyone with a brain would get that.

Scarecrow:
tenor.gif

GM Doug: NICE STRAWMAN. You're not even on our team.

All this to say, for Team Cheese the Chimpanzees are selecting the little used in the US but truly phenomenal halloumi cheese. In Berlin I had it on falafel, in Budapest I had it thinly sliced and fried.

image.jpg

I've seen it breaded and turned into fries.

Halloumi-Fries-3-1.jpg

I've even bbq'ed it.

bbq_halloumi_skewers-c424964.jpg

So while likely no else would have taken it, I'm not taking the risk. Someone like @JojoTheWhale might come along and steal it with his upcoming pick.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, fellow fluheads.

AcceptableMetallicDipper-max-1mb.gif

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @ajgoal on deck, @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and FlyTimmo on the lido afterdeck.

Everything went fine with my first shot, except that they didn't have the appointment - which I scheduled online - in their records. I saw the pharmacist standing back there when I arrived - he was approximately three times the size of our pharmacist, PantsareDancing. I had to wait while this one customer was almost being helped by the one incompetent employee, and when I finally got up to the window, the incompetent one told me that the pharmacist - who I had just seen, but couldn't see anymore - was on his lunch break. Oi. So I stood there like a plank leaning against a barn for about 40 minutes waiting for him to get back. While I waited, I heard that it was his birthday and they were all going to have cake when he got back. Oi. I was started to f***ing boil, I'm not going to lie.

But whatever. I got the shot, which is what matters. It took a f***ing hour, but whatever. I barely felt it going in (that's what she said, amirite Marigold?), but my arm is a little sore today, as expected. I didn't have any adverse effects, aside from the fact that the massive spike of high-speed internet fried the brainpans of all the monkeys and now they are just sitting there drooling into their banana pudding even more than usual. Sir David Attenborough would be most disappointed in me, but I gots to have my funny meme videos on Twitch, amirite?

I'm going into Port Valbury, at least for a while, despite all the horrible shit on the ground there (allegedly). It HAS to be better than Earth Prime.

EDIT: By the way, if anything important happens with the Flyers today (lol), someone please tag me with a post in here. Not a joke post, although joke posts are welcome, but a real post. I doubt I'll look out there at the other topics for a while. Because of all the hacking and slashing I have to do.

Macallan67

Jan 18, 2021
I want to invest more time in the other categories because they rule. So i'll just throw this one out there for now.

PORTLAND FOG TEAM SPITE

OVERUSED HFBOARDS PHRASES

Examples Include
  • In A Vacuum
  • Nice Strawman
  • Bleeding Value
  • Winning In the Margins
  • TWO YEARS AWAY FROM CONTENDING
So on and so forth. Next time you go to type one of the above phrases, slap yourself in the face instead.

@GKJ you're up.
Don't forget "outlier"

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad