NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE ELEVEN! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just realized what amusement park @FlyTimmo should take. :laugh:

Must. Not. Tip.

82d.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When I saw there would be a team cheese, it spoke to me. Because I love cheese. Some people don’t like cheese and those people are bad and should feel bad.

it is also already my second cheese since I took provolone cheese as a previous dealers choice.

I used to work at a supermarket years ago and for a time we were trying to be upscale like wegman’s who had just opened up in like 2006 or something.

they commissioned some dude to come in once a week to make fresh mozzarella cheese, and we took like half the samples each week and then we’d take it home fresh. I’d eat it like it was an apple.

so I now need mozzarella cheese

upload_2021-7-14_20-19-6.jpeg

@Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if Hagg hogged all the haggis?

0LOIF3g.png

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @mja on deck, and @Chuck Downie on the lido deck with a pair of picks and a pair of scissors sticking out of the chest of Isaac the Bartender, who had the audacity to ask our clown what he would like to drink. Rest in peace in pieces. Right on.

200.gif

Like a sophomore who failed to study for his Mythology midterm, today is all about the Forgotten Gods for me. Yesterday I nuked the end of the Ashes of Malmouth campaign, and it wore me the f*** out. I crashed for like an hour in the late morning. Then I went in to do bounties, trying to raise my rep with the Coven of Ugdenbog, obviously, but they kept sending me into the Ashen f***ing Waste and that other one, then the Immolation, for f***'s sake. You guys know what I'm talking about. Pure stress and fear. It wore me right out, and I crashed again for an hour in the evening. But I soldier on, or rather blademaster on.

If you have some sort of emergency and need me for something, Venmo me the details along with a cashier's check in the amount you would deem fair and, more importantly, I would deem fair, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Don't worry, I'll recycle that bitch.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
As if this needs to be said.

Team spite: antivaxxers. That includes the Phillies. Especially the Phillies. f*** everybody. Vaccines cause adults.

@Strawberry Fields
Tonight, a day shifter covered my partner who is on vacation. So I got to hear all about how there's tons of evidence of neurological symptoms from the covid vaccine if you look on "uncensored" (he literally said that word...like, what? So...bullshit disinformation blogs??) google searches and how Dr. Doctor apparently vetoed one of our pharmacist's medical exemption requests by saying "you can't trust NEJM because it isn't peer reviewed" after presenting I guess some "evidence" from some shitty study that says if you got covid you antibodies are good enough. Which 1) I don't think there are studies that show that and 2) Dr. Doctor didn't say that because of course he knows NEJM is peer reviewed. That's whisper down the lane shit. You wanna know what he probably said to him? "Your study is horseshit", which probably turned into, during the he said she said he said game, "Dr. Doctor doesn't trust the NEJM". I do, however, know of a study of 6000+ people showing vax+booster is more robust than infection. Oh, and there's the whole delta variant ordeal, where the vax protects against that too.

Going back to the neurological evidence nonsense, this guy thinks he got Gillian Barre Syndrome from the vaccine even though he had a stomach infection the week prior, which campylobacter is commonly associated with, which oh by the way, is commonly linked to GBS. Common in that when you see the uncommon spontaneous GBS, campy is usually on the differential as the culprit. True story, he actually was recently admitted with what most believe to be GBS.

One time I almost got into it. He was like "well (pharmacist who got vetoed) is young and heathy and has a zero percent chance of dying but definitely has some chance of dying from pericarditis from the vaccine" I was like homie? Really? A zero percent chance? No chance at all? And he just kept going nope no no nope. And I said what about the otherwise healthy 27 year old who died on ECMO? She was in our ICU for 7 weeks?

He literally said this. He said:

"He is more healthy than she was."

I literally can't do this.

That was just about when his supervisor, who was in the pharmacy while he was ranting, took him away. "you at a good spot to take a break for a sec?" and kept him til 7:05. Which left me alone for 30 mins, but honestly? I didn't even f***ing mind. f*** everybody. I hope he got his ass handed to him

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Tonight, a day shifter covered my partner who is on vacation. So I got to hear all about how there's tons of evidence of neurological symptoms from the covid vaccine if you look on "uncensored" (he literally said that word...like, what? So...bullshit disinformation blogs??) google searches and how Dr. Doctor apparently vetoed one of our pharmacist's medical exemption requests by saying "you can't trust NEJM because it isn't peer reviewed" after presenting I guess some "evidence" from some shitty study that says if you got covid you antibodies are good enough. Which 1) I don't think there are studies that show that and 2) Dr. Doctor didn't say that because of course he knows NEJM is peer reviewed. That's whisper down the lane shit. You wanna know what he probably said to him? "Your study is horseshit", which probably turned into, during the he said she said he said game, "Dr. Doctor doesn't trust the NEJM". I do, however, know of a study of 6000+ people showing vax+booster is more robust than infection. Oh, and there's the whole delta variant ordeal, where the vax protects against that too.

Going back to the neurological evidence nonsense, this guy thinks he got Gillian Barre Syndrome from the vaccine even though he had a stomach infection the week prior, which campylobacter is commonly associated with, which oh by the way, is commonly linked to GBS. Common in that when you see the uncommon spontaneous GBS, campy is usually on the differential as the culprit. True story, he actually was recently admitted with what most believe to be GBS.

One time I almost got into it. He was like "well (pharmacist who got vetoed) is young and heathy and has a zero percent chance of dying but definitely has some chance of dying from pericarditis from the vaccine" I was like homie? Really? A zero percent chance? No chance at all? And he just kept going nope no no nope. And I said what about the otherwise healthy 27 year old who died on ECMO? She was in our ICU for 7 weeks?

That was just about when his supervisor, who was in the pharmacy while he was ranting, took him away. "you at a good spot to take a break for a sec?" and kept him til 7:05. Which left me alone for 30 mins, but honestly? I didn't even f***ing mind. f*** everybody. I hope he got his ass handed to him
You seem fired up, and I so want to egg you on, but I’ll behave for once.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
PORTLAND FOG TEAM CHEESE

This category is a real Sophie's Choice for me. As an Italian, I feel like grated cheese is an absolute necessity on pasta dishes. However, I also can't imagine certain sandwiches without certain cheese. I have to make a pick though, and that pick will be:

PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO aka PARMESAN for you lay-people.

Perfect for grating or crumbling over pasta, but just as good eaten as slices with or without crackers. I also enjoy dripping a balsamic vinegar reduction over chunks of it for a snack.

Parmigiano72Mesiemiliafoodloveselectedwithloveinitaly.jpg

wheel-reggiano1__33751.1602774277.jpg

@mja

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

So very frustrating speaking with people who handpick their information like it's a buffet and don't try to consider what the whole picture indicates. Here's a great quote from A.J. Housman (1903): "... gentlemen who use manuscripts as drunkards use lamp-posts,—not to light them on their way but to dissimulate [ie, hide] their instability.” We all have biases and we want our beliefs to be true. I know I am frequently guilty of this. But the only honest path is to keep searching out new information to expand our understanding of the world around us.

A close friend of mine, who is among the most analytical people I know, keeps expressing his skepticism about the COVID data, but simply says he has a sense that it isn't accurate. What a cop out. The value of truth is truly through the floor these days because we all want to shape it to our own understanding.

See? Now you have me all up in arms!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
PORTLAND FOG TEAM CHEESE

This category is a real Sophie's Choice for me. As an Italian, I feel like grated cheese is an absolute necessity on pasta dishes. However, I also can't imagine certain sandwiches without certain cheese. I have to make a pick though, and that pick will be:

PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO aka PARMESAN for you lay-people.

Perfect for grating or crumbling over pasta, but just as good eaten as slices with or without crackers. I also enjoy dripping a balsamic vinegar reduction over chunks of it for a snack.

View attachment 453152

View attachment 453153

@mja

I got bad news for you. Parmigiano-Reggiano is my team currency.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I got bad news for you. Parmigiano-Reggiano is my team currency.

It's a grey area... Cap is going to love this one.

Team Cheese - The only cheese, etc. Same sort of thing as the bread.

So we go to Team Bread:

Team Bread - The bread you are bringing with you. This is the only bread you will have for the rest of eternity, not including that bread which is part of other choices. As far as duplicates go, don’t worry if your bread is part of someone’s previous sandwich/dish - we are just concerned with not having duplicates within this category.

Makes you wonder.

#Loopholes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad