NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE ELEVEN! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
All things going well, I have my first kid arriving in 2-3 weeks so I likely won't be so great at timely picking at the end of the month (or Doug's monologues will get much shorter).

I'll hang in as possible, but the real world stress (which is already pretty heavy between work and preparations) might curtail my involvement. Just to say if I stop posting for a bit, it's not because Fletcher has driven me to an asylum.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
All things going well, I have my first kid arriving in 2-3 weeks so I likely won't be so great at timely picking at the end of the month (or Doug's monologues will get much shorter).

I'll hang in as possible, but the real world stress (which is already pretty heavy between work and preparations) might curtail my involvement. Just to say if I stop posting for a bit, it's not because Fletcher has driven me to an asylum.
congrats! have 2 and still posting but only because youngest has 102.5 so I am home. ha ha

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Congrats my friend, all the best to you and your lady!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

We are going to pause this altogether, so you're good. Not sure if we'll do it right now or in a few days, but it's going into dry dock for a while with the blessing and understanding of all 20 of us. We can still retreat into the thread when we need to escape all that insane shit - if we rack up too many posts I'll just start another one.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
We are going to pause this altogether, so you're good. Not sure if we'll do it right now or in a few days, but it's going into dry dock for a while with the blessing and understanding of all 20 of us. We can still retreat into the thread when we need to escape all that insane shit - if we rack up too many posts I'll just start another one.
Yay
This place is my refuge from the abject stupidity that is hockey in general and the Flyers specifically

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Is this beach located in hell?

It's beautiful, with the Mediterranean shimmering, and the countryside is all hills, cliffs, and vineyards as far as the eye can see. It's extremely rural, with some quirks in the local climate due to Le Vent de Nord that can mean swimming in 60 degree water or having your skin sandblasted off of you as you lounge on the beach, and so it's priced accordingly, meaning that it is a very popular with working class families from all over Europe, but especially from France & Germany. They all seem to have decided that they desperately needed as many bad tattoos as they could fit on their bodies since Earth Prime went to complete shit.

The new mayor is leading a push to rebrand the whole stretch the Cote Indigo, to rival the far wealthier and far more chic Cote d'Azur that doesn't have to deal with the wind issue due to the Alps. I have my doubts.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I understand the reasoning, but I do have to say:

iu

This is the refuge for the trade-beaten and draft-laden, where creativity remains prized. I'll try to find other things IRL to bide my time.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Congratulations man.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The stay Pufts do not recognize breaks nor ceasefires and will be continuing the practice of 12 hour “on the clock time”.

Earth Prime hockey has possibly been set back a decade from the past week, let’s not let the Quackverse suffer the same fate.
(Fear not, I am far too lazy to keep track of that)

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The morning beach crowd is a decidedly more refined set. Tattoos in general are few and far between compared to later on in the day. However, we already have some contenders:

1) 55+ year old woman with a unicorn in the middle of her back. Lady, you are grown. You probably have grandkids. Absolutely nobody should have a unicorn tattoo, unless they're under 12 and it's temporary.

2) 30 year old dude hanging on the beach with his SO and toddler daughter. On the right shoulder, hands clasped in prayer with a rosary (rosaries are a thing here, the runner-up yesterday had one tattooed on her ankle with the crucifix running down the top of her foot.) Not great, but not especially terrible. However, contrast that with the left shoulder: A grasping zombielike hand emerging from his body with either blood or cobwebs dangling from the outstretched fingers. This is going to be hard to beat, but let's see what new contenders this afternoon brings us.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is our official status right now:

10.jpg

No re-start date has been determined, but it will be at least a while. It's not due to a lack of enthusiasm or energy - real life just got in the way, and not in the sense of emergency services or anything, but just in the sense of stuff. The threads will remain open, and I will continue starting new ones as needed if we get to the post limit. This is our clubhouse, our refuge from the rest of the board, so continue to avail yourselves of its safe haven.

The stay Pufts do not recognize breaks nor ceasefires and will be continuing the practice of 12 hour “on the clock time”.

Earth Prime hockey has possibly been set back a decade from the past week, let’s not let the Quackverse suffer the same fate.
(Fear not, I am far too lazy to keep track of that)

Idiot.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This is our official status right now:

10.jpg

No re-start date has been determined, but it will be at least a while. It's not due to a lack of enthusiasm or energy - real life just got in the way, and not in the sense of emergency services or anything, but just in the sense of stuff. The threads will remain open, and I will continue starting new ones as needed if we get to the post limit. This is our clubhouse, our refuge from the rest of the board, so continue to avail yourselves of its safe haven.

Idiot.
Can we expect to still be graced with your morning diatribes to feed off of and get us in the right mindset to attack the day?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad