NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sorry for the delay. Skip me. Go ahead @Striiker

If you need a tip on who to pick, this is a painting of seven-year-old Charles Darwin by Ellen Sharples in 1816. No one has taken Sharples yet. Just saying.

330px-Charles_Darwin_1816.jpg

That's right, I named a name. After careful consideration, I determined that only Jojo would pick Sharples.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Good morning, humans - are you experienced?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

We start this morning with @FlyTimmo on the clock, @JojoTheWhale on deck,. and then @Striiker, who apparently has a nasty surprise in store for me. Which is fine. Know why? Because I will charge his Quackverse community with my hordes and hordes of beautiful assassins and destroy it. But until then, peace will reign supreme here on Earth Prime.

You know how I said I hadn't seen a good Hong Kong film in ages? Last night was way better. First I watched "Line Walker 2: Invisible Spy." I know, you're like "You said the first one was stupid - why would you watch the second one?" I finish what I start, as long as it doesn't take too much effort. That's why. The second one was much better. It didn't necessarily make sense, and the back half of the title made no sense at all, but generally it was better. It's funny hearing Chinese people tell jokes to each other that make no sense in translation without a long explanation, especially when you aren't given an explanation.

But then I watched "Drug War," also on Bezos Prime, and holy shit - that's what I'm talking about. That's what I've been missing. Absolutely gonzo gunplay. It was very entertaining. The cool thing is that it was shot in a kind of naturalistic way, so it was grainy and the colors were muted - sort of the opposite of "Face/Off," for example. The characters were really good as well. The last 20-30 minutes were just non-stop insane. It was a lot of fun.

Speaking of fun, you know one way to improve your juggling skills? By making your hands and arms stronger. You know what would make your hands and arms stronger? Juggling acrylic blocks. You know where you can shop for acrylic blocks? Yes, you do. So get after it. I am, as the kids say, a motherf***ing businessman.
Did you get that gif from 1995?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
For NJFZ Official Historical Figure, we can think of no one more appropriate than the intrepid Amelia Earhart.

AWyLMhXjwTwYznt8Hg1nr1rjO6cKfNxATjEs9z20PWStKu6CjumNao-Ot2fBBGu4tKgM2fWl-y5lP3gkiDXveQlR3HIwvFiYpcC8vfi5SpklXIWHDDUZ8_N74TacESUJkyZeDBoQ

Though it was mysteriously and tragically cut short, Amelia Earhart lived her life to the fullest. She was a natural pilot who bucked convention and played no small role in aviation and advancing women’s rights. Incidentally, 89 years ago, almost to the day, she became the first woman to complete a solo transatlantic flight.

@Young Sandwich, make this one count

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For the last selection for this round, MISL team, the ownership of the Tampa Bay FireSticks is at a loss. We have come up with picks for several sports and non-sports -- read, illogical -- subjects, but we have no knowledge whatsoever in soccer. We do not even know whom to consult for such a ..."

"Hey Geoff, it's me, Joey Saputo. How 'bout I share some of our soccer knowledge with you all and ..."

"SAPUTO!!! How DARE you come into my ****ing office, you **** de ***** et ta famille de *******s!! Je te tuerai si je vois ta **** face ici! "

tenor.gif

"I apologize, Your Holiness. The Molsons and the Saputos don't ... get along very well. It's a long story. So we simply don't have an answer for this ..."

iu

"Maybe I can be of assistance."

"Ryan Reynolds! We thought you only showed up for your contractually mandated appearances, and then only if payment was deposited into your account in advance. What brings you to our offices?"

"I heard from my sources that there was a soccer team to be launched and I knew that you could benefit from my experience as a part owner of a team."

"This won't cost us more than your usual honorarium, will it?"

"Probably just a bit, but you have an unlimited budget in this alternate reality. Your official franchise MISL team is the Vancouver Pooldeads."

"The, umm, what?"

"Copyright circumvention. I have a couple of pretty sticky clauses in my contract with Marvel Studios. Team colours will be black and red and, of course, brown pants."

"Thank you for your great assistance, Ryan."

"That's Mr. Reynolds to you. And another $100,000."

To whoever is next!!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I just want to say I thought the Albuquerque Outback was pretty clever. Interesting and almost unexpected alliteration and it's not a plural noun. I like those types of nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad