NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I just want to say I thought the Albuquerque Outback was pretty clever. Interesting and almost unexpected alliteration and it's not a plural noun. I like those types of nicknames
Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t alliteration two words that start with the same letter, like wade wilson?

Reactions: DancingPanther

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
heh
cddb1e8928f547efd0cd17c404706221.png

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
HandmadeEarnestGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

Connor Hellebuyck: Hey buddy, you look tired.
GM Doug: Wait, what? I mean, I am, but you called me buddy.
Helle: Of course pal, I'm just looking our for your well-being.
GM Doug: What's the catch?
Helle: No catch, you go take a nap and I'll finish out the phase for you. I even bought you...
giphy.gif

GM Doug: Ok, well, hrm, okay I guess. Thanks, I had you all wrong. I'll be back for the next phase.
Helle: Later.

He gone?

With the final pick of this phase, the Chicago Chimpanzees used their Redraft pick on GM and sele-

GM Doug: WAIT!
tenor.gif

I revoke this man's picking capacity.

Helle: Damn it!

GM Doug: And with our actual redraft pick, which is a real struggle since my genius shines pick after pick, I choose to hold it for a later round.

And if that isn't permitted, then I am going to take what has been listed as "Soviet Brown" for our lightsaber pick and just shift it to plain old white.

And now, having notified @DancingPanther . I'm going to take this pile of pillows and nap until next round.

And Helle?

Whose_Line_Is_It.0.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Once again considering how clear Cap has made it that these picks are going to have a direct impact on daily life in the quackverse, I will be re-drafting our cartoon character to COSMO AND WANDA, who are capable of granting (almost) any wish at any time, so long as it's within the confines of Da Rules. And with that, the Plats wrap up this phase!

tumblr_p5gr3nGOS21wilsp2o3_500.jpg

@BiggE

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Here comes a trouble maker post again...

Didn't someone have to move their MISL team because it conflicted with New York City?

I ask because that also means that the Vancouver Pooldeads reside in an already selected city. :dunno:
That was my footbusters.
Move all the teams!!

Reactions: BiggE

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Here comes a trouble maker post again...

Didn't someone have to move their MISL team because it conflicted with New York City?

I ask because that also means that the Vancouver Pooldeads reside in an already selected city. :dunno:

Yeah, that's a good point. @BernieParent if you would, please choose a different location for the Pooldeads.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Once again considering how clear Cap has made it that these picks are going to have a direct impact on daily life in the quackverse, I will be re-drafting our cartoon character to COSMO AND WANDA, who are capable of granting (almost) any wish at any time, so long as it's within the confines of Da Rules. And with that, the Plats wrap up this phase!

tumblr_p5gr3nGOS21wilsp2o3_500.jpg

@BiggE

Cartoon Character. As in "Character," singular. You have to pick one of them.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oi! The baby ate my dingo!

giphy.gif

We start the day with @BiggE on the clock, @CanadianFlyer88 on deck, and @Rebels57 sitting in the bank with the final pick of the phase. PantsDancing and Bern need to make their corrections, and Jojo and HC need to make make-up picks, though mascara and lipstick are probably not going to be among the selections. You see what I did there?

In lieu of a funny story, I am going to tell you that the aforementioned Bernard Parent has the first overall pick in the next phase, and the poor pervy Sandwich has the last pick. Don't blame me - blame Math. And Canada. My pick is nothing to write home about, as usual. We will probably be on a break for a while today, so gather your thoughts on Legend players and mystery rational shit and shop your balls off while you wait.

And now I am going to use the bathroom.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yeah, that's a good point. @BernieParent if you would, please choose a different location for the Pooldeads.

Thanks and sorry, I was intentionally lazy to not check if Vancouver appeared anywhere. Let's move the Pooldeads to iconic and fun-named Chilliwack, BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad