NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Les Comiques cat breed will be the Liger

screen-shot-2011-05-25-at-10-31-36-am.png

Liger - Wikipedia

@Hurricane28

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"After finding out that the Fountain of Youth actually works to reverse aging, the ownership of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased and somewhat confused to no longer call this a myth. We are also pleased to have the opportunity to submit this as a repick. For our official re-draft, we select as our franchise myth the location of the Ark of the Covenant.

Encyclopaedia-Britannica-First-Edition-Illustration-Ark-of-the-Covenant.jpg

"Representing the physical manifestation of God's presence in Israel, it was last mentioned in the Second Chronicles as being placed in the temple by King Josiah (640-609 BC), made a quick face-melting cameo in Raiders of the Los Ark, and is then only referenced again in Revelation as being in Heaven. But a number of purported holy sites claim to be keeping this holiest of artifacts safe.

"According to the Kebra Negast, Ethiopia's 14th-century national epic, the Ark was brought from Jerusalem to Ethiopia by Menelik, a son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. Menelik used its awesome might to conquer many territories. The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church considers the Kebra Negast to be legitimate Christian history, and its leaders claim that the Ark of the Covenant has been closely guarded in Aksum at the Church of St. Mary of Zion for centuries. Not even the high priest of Aksum can enter its resting chamber. Its sole custodian is a virgin monk who cannot leave the sacred grounds until his death.

"This church was the site of a terrible slaughter of approximately 800 citizens seeking refuge from the ongoing civil war in Ethiopia in February of this year."

Calling @Hollywood Couturier.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
"After finding out that the Fountain of Youth actually works to reverse aging, the ownership of the Tampa Bay FireSticks are pleased and somewhat confused to no longer call this a myth. We are also pleased to have the opportunity to submit this as a repick. For our official re-draft, we select as our franchise myth the location of the Ark of the Covenant.

Encyclopaedia-Britannica-First-Edition-Illustration-Ark-of-the-Covenant.jpg

"Representing the physical manifestation of God's presence in Israel, it was last mentioned in the Second Chronicles as being placed in the temple by King Josiah (640-609 BC), made a quick face-melting cameo in Raiders of the Los Ark, and is then only referenced again in Revelation as being in Heaven. But a number of purported holy sites claim to be keeping this holiest of artifacts safe.

"According to the Kebra Negast, Ethiopia's 14th-century national epic, the Ark was brought from Jerusalem to Ethiopia by Menelik, a son of King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. Menelik used its awesome might to conquer many territories. The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church considers the Kebra Negast to be legitimate Christian history, and its leaders claim that the Ark of the Covenant has been closely guarded in Aksum at the Church of St. Mary of Zion for centuries. Not even the high priest of Aksum can enter its resting chamber. Its sole custodian is a virgin monk who cannot leave the sacred grounds until his death.

"This church was the site of a terrible slaughter of approximately 800 citizens seeking refuge from the ongoing civil war in Ethiopia in February of this year."

Calling @Hollywood Couturier.
DON'T LOOK AT IT

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, toothpaste users, and welcome to the future of teeth.

Xc4G5pz.png

We start the rest of your lives with @Young Sandwich on the clock, @mja on deck, and @Striiker on the lido deck. @Hollywood Couturier has two in the chamber to fire at will, as well as a group of categories which will determine the course of our actions to come.

Fingers crossed, today is the day my internet nightmare will end. I mean, the wireless nightmare never ends for East Buttf*** Egypt - it's a way of life, it's the riddle of the East Buttf*** Sphinx, it's six of the seven plagues brought upon us from On High for our persecution of the East Buttf*** Judean People's Front - but they are supposed to reset the monkeys today. We'll see. Those f***ing chimps ... it's all but impossible to describe what it's like to use an internet provider which is usually wheezing when it is then being throttled to within about five seconds of monkey unconsciousness. It's like the internet is Clyde, and Monkeynet (the provider) is a really extra homicidal Clint Eastwood with his action grip around its throat. Or something. I keep hoping every time I have to pee I will wake up from this nightmare, but it has persisted for something like 17 days. In my defense, I did download a ridiculous shitload of heavy torrents, and I'm not talking about the horse-force of my late-night pees.

Urine luck, though - we are about to head into the very exciting PHASE NINE! We just need to reach the top of the order and then boomerang back down to wrap up the glorious categories of the current endeavor. Dig into these last moments of the phase and gird your loins for the next. That's what we do. We draft.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Sexpos are going to continue with the theme of conservation for our next pick. This man is one of the most powerful voices in the history of American conservation. He had a passion for wildlife and the outdoors. When he became president in 1901, he acted on that passion, establishing 150 national forests, 51 federal bird reserves, 4 national game preserves, 5 national parks, and 18 national monuments on over 230 million acres of public land and signing the 1906 American Antiquities Act. A true advocate for the environment, he felt that “The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased and not impaired in value.”

That's what's up.

He was also an absolute badass of a man. One of the most badass things he did was to give a 90-minute speech after being shot in an assassination attempt. He didn’t even go to the hospital. He went on to the speech venue and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

Badass.

2NfypGg.jpg

Team Historical Figure - Teddy Roosevelt

You may proceed, @mja

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Lakehurst, NJ. A knock sounds on New Jersey Flaming Zeppelins Head of Non-Hockey Operations mja’s office door.

“Hey, Captain Kopi! Big fan! Come right in and sit down. How are you doing?”

b3KC74NYdxJfAs4d9Y07T6_8WAjUJ86rc6nbJF3Zwn57uZM9gsaUhVyOZ1eSxIf2cChxt4fAQ1myIqeomLNxkHZFH4siouMh5vsOeoDQpI-wniWlcoGUWVIjdIFDdaG_OXa_k9xa

“Hmmm, I get the sense that you are unhappy. Is everything ok, Kopi?”

“It’s about the redraft.”

“Redraft? It’s a dumb category. All of our selections have been absolutely perfect. I’m just going to loophole it and re-pick Z. Cavaricci’s again instead.”

“Yeah, about that, the guys have asked me to tell you to f*** off and get us real clothes or a real shoe. I mean, sabots? Come the hell on. We can’t walk around in those things.”

“Hey, if it was good enough for Industrial Age peasants, it’s good enough. Also, what do you mean real clothes, I totally rocked those Z. Cavs back in the day.”

“Those are awful and we hate you for picking them, but the sabots, we’re ready to kill you for picking those.”

“Well, fine. But I can only redraft one thing, so it’s apparel or shoes.”

“Allbirds.”

“Allgovernmentdrones, you mean?”

“Huh?”

“Never mind, there’s this brat in Allentown who thinks birds aren’t real.”

“Strange child.”

“You have no idea, he’s a real delinquent.”

“Very sad. Anyway. Allbirds. Most comfortable shoes in the world.”

“You mean those trendy yet affordable, practical and sustainably-resourced super comfortable shoes out of New Zealand? I’m typically not big on trendy, but I just picked up a pair of those myself on a friend’s recommendation. I’ve got bad feet and honestly it feels like walking on clouds. Walked all around Center City Philly the other day, even walked right past Claude Giroux, who seemed a bit stiff, I’m guessing from the broken foot. I don’t think he was wearing Allbirds though and maybe that would have helped. Also, could have just been the weight of the terrible knowledge that he was selected by the worst franchise in the Quackverse, but I digress…..Ok, Kopi, you sold me. For our Re-Draft, the NJFZ select Allbirds (they even tie in with our flight theme!) as Official Team Shoe.”

1X9g24TBDM-t_yqgbg99YZUBzmpoD1VCh5r6-HcXOlp6qZTgqUE1aGCzqcJPmSDzGHeKRTq-0E0-jQDR9mnEBrhLTNT0z1qN_YQZ15IXoaYyRtbZPrWRsAfzNocBEEYfT-8oRyPX

“We good, Kopi?”

ecA78XdAN5n2HOoWE1lucx2SU_O0gnnslgUJ48N8FG5U2TCxDA_QS0PcoC41UYu8BfuL5pEgbmm_ZcwmXttwTb-Cojms-G03y3Uvx0sqdyBpSslzFpFy_GyYP7nagUV5VM6I-Q69

@Striiker, you're up kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad