NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Ozzy just wanted to pop in and say hello
upload_2021-5-20_10-34-43.jpeg

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Seattle Sockeyes are thankful to have had local actor, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, represent the club in its early days, but, since the PNW theme has essentially been iffy at best since Phase 1, we are thrilled to be able to use the re-draft option to add our favourite actor to the franchise.

The Sockeyes use the re-draft to select Morgan Freeman as our team actor.

MV5BMTc0MDMyMzI2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM2OTk1MQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

@BiggE, get to steppin'.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Connor-McDavid.jpg

Connor McDavid: Uh, boss?
GM Doug: What is it Connor?
CM: Well sir, I just read something really disturbing.
GM Doug: Is this about your Etsy business again? Is it that not every dog in the world has their own set of pajamas?
818394-T.jpg

CM: Well, I found it doing research for my store but it's not directly related.
GM Doug: Go ahead, it beats researching Team soft cheese to be served alongside a merlot on a Thursday.
CM: Ok, so it seems that with the pandemic winding down that many people who made pet adoptions are returning them now that they are going back to work.
GM Doug: Well, humans are garbage. That's why we're leaving for the Quackverse.
CM: But leaving doesn't make us less responsible for the kitties and floofers.
GM Doug: Well, we've got a charity spot. If you use that could you go back to knitting dog berets and leave me in peace?
CM: Well that's swell sir, I'll do that.

In honour of my Canadian roots, I will pick a small Canadian charity whose proceeds go directly to the kitties. The Chimpanzees select Team Cat Rescue as their charity. (https://www.teamcatrescue.ca/)

9891e1e3a2b00d741c99871cb4cbf4a7.jpg

GM Doug: One less category to pick, one more superstar mollified. Check, check. Good work once again Dougster.

Back to the regular order, this was a make-up pick!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Woah, got back to me quickly. I'm awake

To round out the squad, we're going to take glue guy Scott Laughton and have him play defense. This guy does it all. Every winner has a Scott Laughton.@pit it's you once again

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
https%3A%2F%2Fbleedinblue.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1156810604-850x560.jpeg

GM Doug: Wait, what? We just picked. It's us again? This is ludicrous.

ClGE.gif

GM Doug: No, not ludacris. I'd say he doesn't belong in the Quackverse but I think Fast and Furious brings him by default.

Ok, so, I can waste my brainpower coming up with some original or I can go to Wikipedi- hey, look at all these already existing MISL teams. Have to rule out the Steamers, according to the rulebook. So I can pick a team that won once but otherwise looks like the Buffalo Bills of the MISL losing in the finals four times or I can pick the team that only was there for two seasons but has a cooler name.

Well, with me at the helm, any team can become a winner, so let's go for cool.

The Chimpanzees select as their MISL franchise, seated in their defunct franchise location of Hartford, the Hartford Hellions (colours red, yellow and black).
Gold_db497773-fd09-4dfd-b6fc-085425bb58a1_2000x.jpg

200.gif

Connor Hellebuyck: The Helle-ions you say?

GM Doug: Oh, f*** me.

Helle: No takebacks!

GM Doug: Well, at least I have a category to use with redraft now.

Helle: Don't you dare!

GM Doug: @Chuck Downie you're up, don't screw it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad