NHL in Seattle Expansion, BOG vote, Expansion Draft

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Just crossed my mind. Flyers sign BOB but with no NMC/NTC that essentially makes it a three year deal because Seattle would almost surely take him. Carter hart should be fully ready at that time.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Just crossed my mind. Flyers sign BOB but with no NMC/NTC that essentially makes it a three year deal because Seattle would almost surely take him. Carter hart should be fully ready at that time.
chances to him taking 3year deal are VERY slim

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The Seattle Frappucinnos' jerseys are gonna be sick guys just wait

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seattle would take Stolarz over Bob with a big contract in his 30s.
Bob dosn't have the track record of MAF.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Seattle would take Stolarz over Bob with a big contract in his 30s.
Bob dosn't have the track record of MAF.
Nothing like a 2 time Vezina trophy winner to scare away a team. I’m sure Seattle will be really concerned with his playoff record when the draft happens and not the name recognition.

Also funny they would pick a goalie who passed through waivers earlier this year instead of an award winning goalie. That makes sense.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bob will be in his 30s with a big contract and a bad playoff record.
Why would an expansion team want him? At that point you probably can't flip him to another team.
Seattle isn't going to pull off a Vegas and be instantly successful, other GMs will be far more prepared.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Bob will be in his 30s with a big contract and a bad playoff record.
Why would an expansion team want him? At that point you probably can't flip him to another team.
Seattle isn't going to pull off a Vegas and be instantly successful, other GMs will be far more prepared.
Becuase they could use the star goalie who won 2 vezina trophy’s in his career and can give them a chance to make a competitive team. I’m sure if he wins another vezina he could easily be shopped as well.

I’m not so quick to immediately write BOB off. But if I was a GM I’m sure as hell not taking Anthony Stolarz over him. That’s a joke.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Becuase they could use the star goalie who won 2 vezina trophy’s in his career and can give them a chance to make a competitive team. I’m sure if he wins another vezina he could easily be shopped as well.

I’m not so quick to immediately write BOB off. But if I was a GM I’m sure as hell not taking Anthony Stolarz over him. That’s a joke.

Here's the problem: You don't realize how much of a shining gem Stolarz is.

Deadhead and I do.

You better get on board this train. It's a one way ticket to success.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Dumb question:

Is Myers exempt if he doesn’t play any NHL games this season?

Confused by what is meant by 2nd year NHLer. Entering 2nd year in the 2021-2022 season, or 2 seasons prior to 2021?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No more than two full years before the summer of 2021.
However, AHL counts as a professional season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dumb question:

Is Myers exempt if he doesn’t play any NHL games this season?

Confused by what is meant by 2nd year NHLer. Entering 2nd year in the 2021-2022 season, or 2 seasons prior to 2021?

No, he won't be exempt. He will have played 4 pro seasons by the time of the 2021 ED.

A season in the AHL after the age of 20 counts as a pro season. Hagg had played three pro seasons, but was exempt in the 2017 ED because his first AHL season came when he was 19.

Reactions: wankstifier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad