NHL in Seattle Expansion, BOG vote, Expansion Draft

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
That's a thing?

Silly Americans.
It absolutely is a thing and it's hilarious. They made a documentary about it back in 2012.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That color scheme (of the fish) is patent ready for ugly sweaters right prior to the New Year.

I stopped at Wal-Mart today to get some of my fancy shampoo. I wish I could show you the t-shirt I almost bought. It had a kitty with glasses in a robe riding a unicorn, with another kitty with glasses in a robe hanging on to the unicorn's tail, and at the bottom the word "Believe!" They were asking $4.98 for it, so I didn't buy it, but it was awesome and I might go back.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I wish I could show you the t-shirt I almost bought. It had a kitty with glasses in a robe riding a unicorn, with another kitty with glasses in a robe hanging on to the unicorn's tail, and at the bottom the word "Believe!"

CDP said:
You know what you should do, which would help both of us, is hire me as a kind of style consultant.

OTB5L1b.gif

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'll make my first prediction 2.5 years in advance:

Giroux (NMC), Voracek, Couturier, Konency, Patrick, Aube-Kubel, Rubtsov

Provorov, Ghost, Myers

Hart

Seattle takes Sanheim and I have to change my avatar.
Imo Lindblom is missing. He should be ahead of NAK.
Trade sanheim instead of losing him.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
How is it not a valid complaint? When I have to watch people like Zac Rinaldo, Andrew MacDonald, ...etc play in the National Hockey League the talent pool is watered down. That's fact. I would much rather have less teams without slop in their lineup than have more teams.

Of course the game and player development have expanded around the world but adding a new team doesn't do anything extra. Similar to how the Olympics don't make more people watch the NHL.
This makes no sense mathematically. Up till the mid 70s the league was 90 to 99% Canadian (16 teams). Now think it's slightly above 40%. Unless you're claiming Canadians are inherently better players, it's hard to believe that expanding the league talent pool to the US and Europe (a population subset at least 25 times bigger than Canada) with 2 times as many teams would yield a less robust talent pool.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'll make my first prediction 2.5 years in advance:

Giroux (NMC), Voracek, Couturier, Konency, Patrick, Aube-Kubel, Rubtsov

Provorov, Ghost, Myers

Hart

Seattle takes Sanheim and I have to change my avatar.

If they take sanhiem that’s going to hurt. I think we are looking at paying up. Might be pretty costly to avoid taking the young good players we have. Or paying them to take JVR.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In two years we're more likely to expose Ghost than Sanheim.
Ghost will be 28 in 2021 and probably headed toward his declining years with a big money extension due in a year.
Sanheim will be 25 and probably at the front end of a long RFA extension.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
This makes no sense mathematically. Up till the mid 70s the league was 90 to 99% Canadian (16 teams). Now think it's slightly above 40%. Unless you're claiming Canadians are inherently better players, it's hard to believe that expanding the league talent pool to the US and Europe (a population subset at least 25 times bigger than Canada) with 2 times as many teams would yield a less robust talent pool.
the last team to win the cup, with an all canadian roster was the flyers

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad