GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Laine wants guaranteed top line minutes. Seems to be the reason he'll be headed
out of Winnipeg, cause he's not getting them there. I don't see him getting guaranteed
top line minutes in Boston either. At least not now.
And I read that he's going to want top dollar on his next contract. No I do NOT have a link.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and OV

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
It’s like Don Sweeney is shopping on Black Friday and demanding 40% off when something is already 30% off just to walk out of the mall stuck in traffic with nothing to your name.

Then circling back to the store at the end of winter to pay full price for a used item that will only last a couple months.

Nobody does this
Kinda off topic bit you'd be surprise how many people actually kinda does this in all kind of situations. It's so irrational and it drives me nuts sooo bad!

SAVEBYTHOMAS

Sep 28, 2006
boston
Why aren’t we talking about Chara more? The fact is reports are coming out left and right about him exploring “all options.”

Regardless of what your opinion is on what he has left in the tank, he still played a big role in our league leading defense last year.

But that’s beyond the point- it is straight up disrespectful to let your captain linger on with all this ambiguity Sweeney is saying when asked about him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Why aren’t we talking about Chara more? The fact is reports are coming out left and right about him exploring “all options.”

Regardless of what your opinion is on what he has left in the tank, he still played a big role in our league leading defense last year.

But that’s beyond the point- it is straight up disrespectful to let your captain linger on with all this ambiguity Sweeney is saying when asked about him.

Given that we know absolutely nothing about the situation it is hard to call it disrespectful. For all we know, Chara is not sure what he wants to do, despite what he said in the heat of the moment after a tough playoff series loss. The media love to gin up controversies and stories to sell "clicks" I guess it is nowadays.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
The only reason I’m not pissed off right now like most of this board is because there’s so many question marks right now that something has to give. There has to be a plan. It doesn’t take a Harvard mind to know that the team is not better than they were last year as it currently stands. Something will be done. But when....

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

I took from that that it was “the Chara camp” which was exploring all options.

I mean, I know lots of people here love him, but maybe he wants more than a one year deal?

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
The only reason I’m not pissed off right now like most of this board is because there’s so many question marks right now that something has to give. There has to be a plan. It doesn’t take a Harvard mind to know that the team is not better than they were last year as it currently stands. Something will be done. But when....
When a blizzard approaches, smart people visit the supermarket while there’s still milk, eggs, bread and toilet paper still on the shelves.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Thank you for writing that!

But yours was an insult (“drama queen”). How does that help?

Winnipeg needs C and RHD. Boston would need to send McAvoy or Carlo, plus Studnicka and maybe another piece.
All that for one year of Laine who is hauling in $6+m a year and looking for a big increase.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad