GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'd agree but I'd also expect a 1st or LHD prospect to be going the other way. After that, you really have to stop and gauge the value.

I'd love just for once to be on the winning side of one of these 3 for 1 trades...
Hurts to let carlo go him and McAvoy patrolling our blue line for the next decade reminds of mcdounagh and Girardi for those suberb ranger teams that were knocking on the door. I guess you have to give to get.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good~ guys a f***ing floater
I traded him in SIM for
Shestyorkin
Kaprizov
Borgstrom
Pionk
Robertson
1st

rebuilt my entire team getting rid of that lazy one dimensional prick 3 years ago

unlike Liam Neison I am not impressed with his singular skill

Laine was much better in that regard this season.

28 (30 pace)

18-21 year old seasons for goals. Give me him on wing.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
1. Laine can get 1st line minutes in Boston. 20 minutes each is plenty each night.
2. When his contract ends, he is still a RFA so you aren't losing him AND the Bruins have a TON of cap space after this season.
3. Once you realize he is a RFA, he will have either lived up to the expectations and earned his next contract or sign again for what he is worth.

I'd agree with you if he was a UFA but he isn't. He is a RFA and the Bruins have total control over the signing.

I'd lock up the RW for the next decade with him and Pastrnak if I could and give them 20 minutes a game. They both average around or under 20 minutes now so Pastrnak's time won't be minimized or his.

XXX - XXX - Pastrnak (18-20 minutes)
XXX - XXX - Laine (18-20 minutes)
XXX - XXX - Smith (12-14 minutes)
XXX - XXX - Wagner (6-12 minutes)

That's about average. A little less wear and tear on the top line and giving two minuted to the 2nd line or OTHER top line. I won't make lineups because that will get my hopes up but the cap space is there, the minutes are there and the RFA controlled player is there.

Laine's problem in Winnipeg is having to share top line duties with Wheeler. No way he will have any interest in sharing with Pasta. At least Blake is 34 and likely to move on or down soon, that's not the case with Pasta who is both younger and better.

As long as Pastrnak is a Bruin, Laine will never play for us. As far as RWs go for a team, he wants to be the undisputed no. 1.

Reactions: OV

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wouldn’t get caught up with “line 1”- “line 2” stuff, I don’t think it matters more than minutes played

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Laine was much better in that regard this season.

28 (30 pace)

18-21 year old seasons for goals. Give me him on wing.
He reminds me of a selfish poor man’s version of Charlie Simmer without the playmate of the year wife

Most overrated player in hockey

Reactions: Gordoff

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kotkaniemi got sent down this past season and his career high in points is 34. That same season he put up 34 points is the same season Heinen also put up 34 points. So he is as much as a difference maker as Heinen at this point. Suzuki just finished his rookie season with 13 goals and 28 assists for 41 points in 71 games. You know who that is similar to. Jake Debrusk who put up 16 goals and 27 assists for 43 points in 70 games. So Suzuki is as much as an A level young player as Debrusk is.

Suzuki and Kotka were Montreals best players in these playoffs.

Kotka played through an injury during regular season

After watching them last year and their development there’s no reason to not expect them to keep getting better

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Gryz, Vaak or Chara are you top 4s. Z will most likely come back before the season starts similar to Joe Thornton where he can work out and wait to see the state of the season and team financially. Moore doesn't play anymore then a 5-6 role filling in when needed. They'd take a chance on a kid before they role him in a top 4 spot. I don't hate Moore or anything we just have better options.

If you don't play these guys they'll just sit and rot until we let them walk away, now is as good a time as ever to put the pressure on and let them sink or swim.

We have Krejci under contract for 1 more year, Rask as well
Bergeron is still playing elite and has only 2 years left

You either do a real retool and sell assets or compete right now
You don’t go in the middle and waste the little that’s left of the golden core

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Laine wants first line minutes. He's not going to get them in Boston unless
you're moving Pastrnak. I kinda doubt moving Pastrnak is an option.
If Laine is waiting until he can try to hit BIG money next contract, which is
next year, then you likely lose him plus whomever you traded are now gone
for a single year of Laine. How is that worth trading for that player?

Or you could have Pastrnak play on the second line with Krejci while Laine plays with Bergeron and Marchand since the B's really want to pair Pastrnak with Krejci for some ungodly reason.

Reactions: Mathews28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad