GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2020 - IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I understand Hoffman is not a 3 zone player. How bad is his defense. Spooner level, worse? How bad is it? If you put him with Krejci do they require a defensive standout to ride with them?

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I am sure they are treating him with respect and wouldn’t assume otherwise. But if they’ve decided they want to move on, fine. It’s a viable option-if they have replacements! The only argument to keeping him, IMO, is if they don’t have anything better. Which happens to be the case here.

They already signed a guy with one working leg and one working shoulder to their blue line. Is he really better than Chara in Sweeneys eyes?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I understand Hoffman is not a 3 zone player. How bad is his defense. Spooner level, worse? How bad is it? If you put him with Krejci do they require a defensive standout to ride with them?

I feel like when everyone here wanted him from Ottawa he was once considered a two-way player. I didn’t watch much of Florida last season but he’s as good as any I’ve seen at puck retrieval on the PP.

Reactions: HustleB

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Him not having a contract somewhere else says its time.

Might have to take a 2 way deal.

Obviously that isn't going to happen here.

Its not like the guy didn't have a long career.

??

It means Chara is planning on returning to the Bruins. He isn't about to be a mercenary elsewhere... a number of teams would line up to sign him if he decides to move on.

A two-way contract? He is still likely our best or second best left side defenseman.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Cap floor/most money offered.

They don't need that for cap floor, they have 2 players going to arbitration that will make up most of what they need. Then when they add the other 3 roster players to make a full roster they would have more than enough. Adding a 31 year old player to a rebuilding team makes no sense. It's not like this guy is some kind of leader to mentor the rookies.

As far as money is concerned, I guess if he's chasing the dollars it makes sense , especially if the contenders are lowballing you. Ottawa will be very good going forward but they are not there yet nor will they likely be by the time that contract ends.

Maybe they promised him some good line mates to play with as well. :dunno:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
There are a lot of players that don't like the new CBA already. Some publicly stating that they don't like what they are being offered. Different times my friend.

Here's what I believe. The Bruins have made offers to a few players, including trying to work a deal out for OEL. I get the sense that those offers were all hardball offers with little to no room for negotiations.

There has to be room for negotiations when working out a contract, not just with hockey, but any contract.

Krug, OEL, Hall, Dadonov. Who knows who else.

Maybe Sami Vatanen is next?

Insider Trading: Patrik Laine, Winnipeg Jets remain poised to part ways - TSN.ca

What are your thoughts? This is the biggest fish ever if true.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Taking loui Erickson from nucks sounds enticing if we get a 1st round pick from them. They can bust and that first round pick can be sky high plus loui had some solid chemistry with DK and might pop 18 goals I say go for it.

Please stop with this. You are literally suggesting some of the worst contracts in the NHL and the Bruins taking them on. Healthy scratches on bubble teams.

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I would like Laine here in Boston. It would allow for the Bruins to finally put Pastrnak with Krejci without losing scoring and give Laine the first line playing minutes he's been starving after allowing for greater line balance to Boston.

Like is too soft a word for me; he instantly brings a young core piece to Boston that is electrifying, entertaining and a young piece of the core moving forward.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad