NHL Eying 4 Cities To Resume Play In? Edmonton? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Mad cow was caused by feeding cattle meat products mixed in with their feed. That has nothing to do with meat demand. It was all from stupid management decisions made by people who knew nothing about farming

Plus I don’t have to change my underwear after eating lean ground beef. After a black bean burger it’s like an Atlas rocket has taken off in my ass.

Reactions: yukoner88

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I read it’s so full of salt and preservatives that your better off eating lean ground beef.
The USDA published the average burger with no condiments nutrition facts. 266 calories, 10g far, 396mg sodium. Beyond meat burger has 260 calories 18g far and 350mg sodium. And they aren't really full of preservatives. It's mostly natural oils and starches and pea protein.

I mean either way, burgers aren't good for you and shouldn't be eaten all the time, real meat or fake lol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's got an insane amount estrogen in it.
I think you may have it confused with the Impossible Burger which is made of soy (source of estrogen). The Beyond Meats are made of pea protein. Also the estrogen in soy doesn't really work the same way human estrogen works.

Asian cultures eat tons of soy and you don't see all of them with huge breasts. Usually the cases of people taking too much estrogen from soy products are people who eat way to much of it

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
At the end of the day I think money rules and they’ll pick the locations where they feel they will have the best chance of getting it completed. The delay is likely because of the fact they are tying the cba extension and negotiations of short term implications such as upcoming bonuses in with the rtp plan and having the players vote on everything at once. With the added bonus that the delay would also give preferable hub locations a chance to get on top of covid. Obviously that isn’t happening so now I think they’ll go with plan B “safe” options.

The idea of a “bubble” is absolutely ludicrous, especially in a place like Vegas. We’re talking about getting players, team staffs, wives, kids to strictly adhere to a quarantine in the middle of an entertainment Mecca, it’s assuredly doomed to fail. This isn’t even considering the hundreds even thousands of service and support staff that likely aren’t in the bubble and going home each night, going about their regular lives.

Best option is a location with low infection rates.

Reactions: McBeastMode

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I am not even sure what I am suppose to make out of these tweets? Just seems like a wide spectrum.

I personally doubt that 75% of them dont want to play. I personally doubt that safety is the main reason for concern. I am sure that safety is some concern, but honestly, I just think this is about money and where they feel comfortable playing.

Sounds like a select few trying to push a narrative. The information contradicts itself, one guy saying 75% not wanting to return to play and another saying they know players will vote yes.

Probably a select few trying to sway others and public opinion by planting information in the media. If 75% of players didn’t want to return you’d be hearing about it from the likes of McKenzie, Friedman and team beat reporters talking to individuals regularly, we really haven’t heard any of that.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Sounds like a select few trying to push a narrative. The information contradicts itself, one guy saying 75% not wanting to return to play and another saying they know players will vote yes.

Probably a select few trying to sway others and public opinion by planting information in the media. If 75% of players didn’t want to return you’d be hearing about it from the likes of McKenzie, Friedman and team beat reporters talking to individuals regularly, we really haven’t heard any of that.

Well if he talked to 4 guys which on the surface looks to be the case, 3 out of 4 is 75%. Though 4 people out of what is at least 700 is hardly a representative sample size.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

One guy was literally saying hockey culture is different. The players will play if that's what the NHLPA or the league decides. They are good sports and will band together to play if that's decided, no one will sit out. Their complaint is literally the NHLPA isn't listening, but will back up their decision.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The USDA published the average burger with no condiments nutrition facts. 266 calories, 10g far, 396mg sodium. Beyond meat burger has 260 calories 18g far and 350mg sodium. And they aren't really full of preservatives. It's mostly natural oils and starches and pea protein.

I mean either way, burgers aren't good for you and shouldn't be eaten all the time, real meat or fake lol

Using analytics I’d say burgers are better. ;)

Reactions: yukoner88

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
One guy was literally saying hockey culture is different. The players will play if that's what the NHLPA or the league decides. They are good sports and will band together to play if that's decided, no one will sit out. Their complaint is literally the NHLPA isn't listening, but will back up their decision.

Maybe because the PA is listening to the majority of their members, who in fact want to see a return to play. No doubt there’s at least a few guys vehemently opposed to a return and will try and be a road block as much as possible. Nobody is putting a gun to these guys heads and telling them they have to play or be apart of the PA for that matter. They can walk away at any time and not have to worry about it, and I’m sure there will be at least one or two who do that but the majority want to get paid, they want to protect future earnings and when push comes to shove they’ll get onside.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Maybe because the PA is listening to the majority of their members, who in fact want to see a return to play. No doubt there’s at least a few guys vehemently opposed to a return and will try and be a road block as much as possible. Nobody is putting a gun to these guys heads and telling them they have to play or be apart of the PA for that matter. They can walk away at any time and not have to worry about it, and I’m sure there will be at least one or two who do that but the majority want to get paid, they want to protect future earnings and when push comes to shove they’ll get onside.

The thing is the players owe the owners half a billion dollars.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The thing is the players owe the owners half a billion dollars.

Exactly, that doesn’t go away. Don’t play and that debt doesn’t get paid down, so now you’ve got 500M owed to the owners and future earnings that will be depressed. Bottom line is the owners and players have one common goal. They need to generate as much revenue as possible.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Exactly, that doesn’t go away. Don’t play and that debt doesn’t get paid down, so now you’ve got 500M owed to the owners and future earnings that will be depressed. Bottom line is the owners and players have one common goal. They need to generate as much revenue as possible.
I feel like they should both just take the hit and both eat half that owes money

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I feel like they should both just take the hit and both eat half that owes money

Thats nice. It’ll never happen but it’s a nice feeling. The league controls the money, they’ll get what their owed no matter how long it takes. All parties involved are better off the more revenue is generated and the more contracts are fulfilled, the bulk of the players understand and accept this.

Like I said, guys who don’t want to play don’t have to. But they don’t also get to cry about future earnings getting decapitated when they were against generating as much revenue possible and stemming the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad