NHL Eying 4 Cities To Resume Play In? Edmonton? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
True. I didn't even think of that
I just don't think the impact will be that bad. Especially considering the testing these guys will have to go through. Should be able to identify who is at risk before they are allowed to really do any damage.

The other thing I'm curious about is if a player breaks the rules of the bubble and isolation(off the start). What rules are hub cities implementing onto these guys just in case they decide to be stupid

Reactions: KYams17

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I just don't think the impact will be that bad. Especially considering the testing these guys will have to go through. Should be able to identify who is at risk before they are allowed to really do any damage.

The other thing I'm curious about is if a player breaks the rules of the bubble and isolation(off the start). What rules are hub cities implementing onto these guys just in case they decide to be stupid
Saw something the other day about the nba’s bubble. If they leave for any reason, they must quarantine for 10 days before they’re allowed back in. I would expect the NHL to have something similar that’s strictly enforced. That would, at least, motivate the players to take the bubble seriously. I don’t think it would be a problem for most of them but there are idiots in every group.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Insider Trading: Could both hub cities be in Canada?

Bob Mckenzie mentioning that Edmonton and Toronto are the new two frontrunners. From my understanding, Edmonton is confirmed and they're simply waiting on the work with the CBA to finish up so they can make one big announcement on everything.
From my understanding they want a little more from Vegas so they are saying Edmonton as a negotiation tactic. I've heard from a source of mine Edmonton has only ever been a negotiation piece.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
October 1, 1994-January 11, 1995 - 468 games are canceled as a result of the 103-day lockout. (We learned our lesson, this won't happen again.)

September 16, 2004 - The NHL owners lockout the players. February 16, 2005 - The 2004-2005 hockey season is canceled due to lockout. (For sure this time we learned our lesson. Won't happen again.)

September 15, 2012 - The NHL imposes a lockout at midnight ET after the CBA expires. December 10, 2012 - The NHL announces the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through December 30. A total of 526 regular-season games were scheduled for October 11 through December 30. (Trust us, we've learned our lesson. This will never happen again.)
What a useless post lol I just said there is no way in the world a league that needs revenue and players that need paychecks will ever stop play for 1 year , never mind 2 lol what the heck does your useless posts about the past have to do with what will happen now? They both know they are totally screwed if they ever stop play for a year because of money squabbles lol just stick to your lame posts and fear mongering on the covid thread lol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Is it really that many people though? I suspect we are letting more truck drivers through on a regular basis and I haven't really heard too much about truck drivers being a huge risk.

There are about about 24,000 truck drivers coming into Canada every day. Hundreds of thousands of U.S. visitors are still crossing border into Canada each week

The entirely of the NHL contingent is something like 2000 people. So there are 12 times as many truck drivers coming into the country literally every day.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Just stupid for NHL or nhlpa even considering Vegas. The only reason i say this is because things will go such smoother if both hub cities are in Canada and much less chance of players getting any virus. This is not about safety to me because we all know every player that gets this virus will be just fine but if too many get it then it will be tough to continue with games since the players will be isolated from team once they get it. In fact i would call the NHL and nhlpa brain dead if a big city in the usa is chosen

Reactions: KYams17

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
From my understanding they want a little more from Vegas so they are saying Edmonton as a negotiation tactic. I've heard from a source of mine Edmonton has only ever been a negotiation piece.

Umm that's not what it seems like to Bob Mckenzie... Even the NHL isn't stupid enough to put this Vegas

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Umm that's not what it seems like to Bob Mckenzie... Even the NHL isn't stupid enough to put this Vegas
I don't think McKenzie would ever accuse the NHL of doing something like that.

No idea whether true or not, but I just don't see McKenzie throwing that out there. Too nice of a guy

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Ah geez. That's why Panarin is talking about escrow. He has a 13M bonus coming up that he knows he's probably gonna need to give back a huge chunk of because next year will be a mess revenue-wise.

Paying players a 20/21 bonus before 19/20 is over. Wonder how all that is gonna work out, and who actually has the most leverage here with the season delayed.
Owners always have the leverage since most are billionaires. Owning an nhl is a hobby to many. They earned their billions long before owning an nhl team.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't think McKenzie would ever accuse the NHL of doing something like that.

No idea whether true or not, but I just don't see McKenzie throwing that out there. Too nice of a guy
Okay I can understand why he wouldn’t publicly accuse the NHL but why would he say Edmonton is the front runner?

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
As long as they're not eating at Earls, The Pint, Local, or Greta they should be fine here in Edmonton ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->