Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft thread: LA Kings select Quinton Byfield 2nd Overall (Part 3)

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
This is a classic Click Bait article. I expect more from Garrioch. The Kings are going to not draft Byfield because they are Bowling State University guys.

Why would you expect more from Garrioch? The man is a moron unless he has someone telling him what to write.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Yanetti told All the Kings Men he would have liked to camp out in 4 prospects houses. We know Stutzle and Byfield would be 2 of them. Who would be the other 2.

Lafreniere and Drysdale seem like the most likely picks but I will go out on a limb and guess Sanderson and Rossi.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yanetti told All the Kings Men he would have liked to camp out in 4 prospects houses. We know Stutzle and Byfield would be 2 of them. Who would be the other 2.

Lafreniere and Drysdale seem like the most likely picks but I will go out on a limb and guess Sanderson and Rossi.

I would bet Perfetti and Raymond. Not from any inside sources, but given what Hoven just wrote about Perfetti, they seem to like him a lot.

Raymond because we made a comparison article of Byfield, Stutzle, and Raymond. While Raymond was still a distant third, he's been buried on the third line up until this season

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Mercifully.

Then Ottawa media can go back to ignoring the Kings for a decade.

Isn't the next step that while Stützle wins a couple Art Ross trophies on "meh" teams, Byfield wins Cups (or at least makes a few deep playoff runs) and we continue to argue? That's how this works right?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

2. Los Angeles Kings
Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury (OHL)
There are whispers around the league that indicate that the Kings are going to take Tim Stutzle, who is most likely to play on the wing and provide some significant offensive pop. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he were the choice -- and it would not be a bad one. But I can't shake the idea that the Kings would be passing on the upside and superstar potential of Byfield. The center out of the OHL needs time to develop, but he has terrific speed, vision and instincts.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
RoCyBXO.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
For the record, Canadian media this morning continues to push the angle that "they're hearing the Kings are more interested in Stuetzle."
I heard Hillary Clinton was going to win an electoral college landslide in 2016.

Here is my take on the media.

If you are reporting news, give us the news without your opinion. News consists of actions taken by public figures, or quotes from public figures. The public isn't stupid. We can decide for ourselves what the actions or quotes from public officials mean to us.

If you are a commentator tell us what you think will happen, not what you hope will happen, and back it up with logical rationale. I think what we are getting out of Canadian media at this time is what they hope will happen (i.e the Kings taking Stutzle).

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
...snip...

I think what we are getting out of Canadian media at this time is what they hope will happen (i.e the Kings taking Stutzle).

As if the Canadian media wishes anything good to happen for the Ottawa Senators. Unless you're implying that Stutzle is the better choice and the Kings will thwart the Senators' chance at getting him, then yes, I could see Canadian media rallying behind that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
As if the Canadian media wishes anything good to happen for the Ottawa Senators. Unless you're implying that Stutzle is the better choice and the Kings will thwart the Senators' chance at getting him, then yes, I could see Canadian media rallying behind that.
I think Canadian media prefers to have the best players playing in Canada, especially if they are good Ontario boys.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

“His size and skating are the first couple of things that are really noticeable about him,” said Chris Byrne, a Kings amateur scout based in Ontario. “I think his work ethic and how he plays the game, doesn’t cheat, doesn’t take long shifts, those are some of the things you notice.”
“Just the confidence the kid plays with, the skill level he has, the moves he has,” Ruuttu said of what impresses him most about Stuetzle. “He probably has the best edges in the draft this year.”

Ruuttu had heard about Stuetzle — who would surpass Edmonton Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl as the highest-drafted German-born player in NHL history if the Kings take him at No. 2 — as he tore up the German junior leagues and impressed in international events.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad