Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft thread: LA Kings select Quinton Byfield 2nd Overall (Part 3)

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Yeah Wheeler is even lower on Sanderson than I am, heh.

Picking him there suggests you think he's McDonagh/Slavin/Vlasic. I think he's not that good offensively (5v5--those guys are great puck movers) though he could be as good defensively.

They already have Chabot with Brannstrom and Thomson coming along who are more on the offensive side.

I think that's why Ottawa selected him. Probably want to add some balance to the defense unit as a whole.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They already have Chabot with Brannstrom and Thomson coming along who are more on the offensive side.

I think that's why Ottawa selected him. Probably want to add some balance to the defense unit as a whole.

For sure, the 'why' makes sense, and especially since they didn't want to drop down as others were rumored to be as high on him they couldn't trade down. It's more just me not being high on him.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
How did that work out for you?

Lol i don't care tbh, I was just putting info forward.

I'm happy with stutzle so idk what to tell you plus I don't work for mckeens hockey and didn't make the prediction so unsure your point.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Lol i don't care tbh, I was just putting info forward.

I'm happy with stutzle so idk what to tell you plus I don't work for mckeens hockey and didn't make the prediction so unsure your point.
Anakin_Liar_Banner.png

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has there been any news on how Byfield has been keeping fit and working on skills throughout Covid with the OHL/NHL season still up in the air?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
he's been training with Gary Roberts

That's good to hear, now I remember hearing that somewhere before . Hopefully he is still getting icetime somewhere though, alot of prospects are missing crucial development time.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I can't believe Byfield is only 10 months older than my oldest son. Night & day physically, maturity, composure, etc. Crazy.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles

I don't think so, I think they drafted an excess amount of LHDs so they can trade a good one to LA for some extra centers. :P:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad