Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft thread: LA Kings select Quinton Byfield 2nd Overall (Part 3)

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This was a player I thought might be there with one of our 3 2nd round picks. They thought highly enough of him to learn how to pronounce his last name

Same here. I think some GM's are getting worried about losing out on a D towards the end of the 1st round.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The last 2 picks(from the Devils and BlueJackets) help the Kings at 35. Had both players ranked much lower.

Reactions: funky

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Lapierre could end up being the next Kaliyev.

Health issues rather than hockey issues, could be the kind of big swing the kings could take with the large prospect pool.

Reactions: deaderhead28

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lapierre could end up being the next Kaliyev.

Health issues rather than hockey issues, could be the kind of big swing the kings could take with the large prospect pool.

According to the panel on Sportsnet who have been banging the drum for him, his health concerns are not a long term issue.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
QB is the truth. Rarely do we see a true 17 year old:

- Be that big
- Skate that well
- And put up those numbers in the O

Stutzle will surely have a great career, but QB is the kind of player you can build an entire forward core around. He’s also an absolute monster on the dot.

Most significant pick the Kings have made since Drew Doughty.

Future is bright, boys!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Let's see if Calgary continues trading down and adding more picks. Seems like they're utilizing the Yannetti strategy that he discussed on All the Kings Men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad