Confirmed with Link: NHL Entry Draft heading back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Montreal gets fleeced all over. It's absolutely ridiculous to be in the "playoffs". One of our best chance to get a great player was in the top-8 for this draft - and we were there, but NOPE!

Let's simply enjoy a 3-game loss to the Pens, and yay, get a complete question mark in the draft.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Montreal gets fleeced all over. It's absolutely ridiculous to be in the "playoffs". One of our best chance to get a great player was in the top-8 for this draft - and we were there, but NOPE!

Let's simply enjoy a 3-game loss to the Pens, and yay, get a complete question mark in the draft.

We HAVE to lose. But we will win. It's our doom to be mediocre.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Judging by Bob's remarks, if we lose to the Pens we'll still have a super slim chance to win the lottery. Probably stay around the same spot but that will be finalized shortly I'm sure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I didn’t see Geoff vote against it, so if the Habs don’t value their shot at an early pick, then neither will I.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Montreal will get their physical draft back after the Seattle expansion draft.

This is huge guys. Great news for Mtl!.

In 2022....Shane Wright, Brad Lambert , Matthew Savoie. I think the the top 3 will be a lot better than 2020....and 2020 is not bad at all

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
This is huge guys. Great news for Mtl!.

In 2022....Shane Wright, Brad Lambert , Matthew Savoie. I think the the top 3 will be a lot better than 2020....and 2020 is not bad at all

Of course, it’s early and much can change, but the 2022 draft arguably features three of the most promising prospects we’ve seen in years, centers Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie and Brad Lambert.

If the Wright, Savoie and Lambert were available in separate draft classes, chances are each would be the top contender for the first-overall pick, and while a lot can change in the next few years, we’re at a point now where we can start getting a true look at their potential.

Three-Headed Monster: Meet Wright, Savoie and Lambert, the next great draft trio - TheHockeyNews

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wish. Closest was nearly 6 years in Ottawa. Only been to Montreal 3 times.

At least you've had the opportunity to experience another major Canadian city. It's an experience most of us won't have.

Don't you prefer Calgary to Ottawa?

Reactions: jaffy27

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
At least you've had the opportunity to experience another major Canadian city. It's an experience most of us won't have.

Nah, I prefer Ottawa. I moved there when I was 18, so I've got fond memories there.

It's an experience people should have, in my opinion. I'm a traveller though. I can't stay in one place too long.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nah, I prefer Ottawa. I moved there when I was 18, so I've got fond memories there.

Makes sense, you spent more time there. I think if I had the opportunity to move to another city, I'd be happy if it were in Canada.

Reactions: jaffy27

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Makes sense, you spent more time there. I think if I had the opportunity to move to another city, I'd be happy if it were in Canada.
From Victoria to Ottawa to Calgary, all are nice cities. I don't really want to live anywhere in North America though. I like travelling too much to stay in one place right now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Ottawa is better!!!

best cities in Canada and I’ve been to all

1.Montreal
2.Vancouver
3.Ottawa
4.Halifax/Quebec City (it’s a tie)
5.Toronto
6.Calgary
7.Edmonton
8.St-Johns
9.Winnipeg
10.Yellowknife
10.Saskatoon
11.Regina
12.Moncton

never been to Whitehorse
And I’m not adding Charlottetown nor Frobisher Bay

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
From Victoria to Ottawa to Calgary, all are nice cities. I don't really want to live anywhere in North America though. I like travelling too much to stay in one place right now.
Perfect city IMO. Not too big, ideal climate for Canada, nice parks and funky neighbourhoods. Lots of people(tourists) watching in the harbour, and it retains that Island feel.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ottawa is better!!!

1.Montreal
2.Vancouver
3.Ottawa
5.Toronto
6.Calgary
7.Edmonton
8.St-Johns
9.Winnipeg
10.Yellowknife
10.Saskatoon
11.Regina
12.Moncton

never been to Whitehorse
And I’m not adding Charlottetown nor Frobisher Bay
You got 4/5 for my top 5 Canadian cities. I'd put Victoria over QC or Halifax (never been to the latter), but I'm from there and am probably splitting hairs. I only spent a weekend in Toronto years back. I didn't love it, but I see why people do. I want to go back.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Perfect city IMO. Not too big, ideal climate for Canada, nice parks and funky neighbourhoods. Lots of people(tourists) watching in the harbour, and it retains that Island feel.
I totally agree. Victoria is awesome and will always be my home. I think I was the second baby born at one of their hospitals. It's a weird town, but absolutely beautiful and filled with cool folk. And if you want to see a "real" city, hop on the ferries to Vancouver. It's a nice day trip, or even better overnight.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ottawa is better!!!

1.Montreal
2.Vancouver
3.Ottawa
5.Toronto
6.Calgary
7.Edmonton
8.St-Johns