Confirmed with Link: NHL Entry Draft heading back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What makes Ottawa #3 for you?
Warm summers, decent winters as I love winter sports and we get plenty of snow (except this year), geographical location, close to Montreal, close to Toronto, small town feel but offers pretty much everything, real estate affordability, forest is a 10min drive for me, it’s great for walks with the dog, prices on gas and food, it’s pretty cheap here, Laurentiens are at our fingertips, great for summer with all the likes and trails, the people are nice, festivals all summer, love the Byward Market in summertime, good restaurants, professional sports (mind you Sens games are dead, Red Blacks are great), taxes on housing, the time it takes to cross the city is a joke compared to TO or MTL........I’m sure there’s more reasons but that’s a good start.

most Canadian cities have much to offer, but globally, I’ll put Ottawa at 3

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You got 4/5 for my top 5 Canadian cities. I'd put Victoria over QC or Halifax (never been to the latter), but I'm from there and am probably splitting hairs. I only spent a weekend in Toronto years back. I didn't love it, but I see why people do. I want to go back.
Victoria is nice too.....older population but beautiful, it’s definitely a top city in this country

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Ottawa is better!!!

best cities in Canada and I’ve been to all

1.Montreal
2.Vancouver
3.Ottawa
4.Halifax/Quebec City (it’s a tie)
5.Toronto
6.Calgary
7.Edmonton
8.St-Johns
9.Winnipeg
10.Yellowknife
10.Saskatoon
11.Regina
12.Moncton

never been to Whitehorse
And I’m not adding Charlottetown nor Frobisher Bay

Being from Quebec City
It is super nice here but it feels like the whole city is in a coma at times

Also, the food choice is limited.
Cant eat creole or jamaican, decent khmer/thai spots are rare (Bati Bassak IS the legit spot), and you cant even find a decent pho spot.

Aside from that, la Faculté des Médecins @ ULaval has the best looking women in the country by a looooooong shot

Reactions: jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

It's a good thing imo... because other than a miraculous UFA signing, and despite Romanov's addition, I see us having a bit better season next year, only to crash down again for the 21-22 season, where our older players (Weber, Price, Petry) will be even older and none of the prospects ready enough to compensate for their weaker play, making the team even worst than it is right now. Ok, just a little worse. Just enough to be top 5 lottery in 21-22.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
19-22 seems like a great period to rebuild...

Shame that some teams will get those, but as usual the dumpters in our management will have zero vision for building a cup team.

Naw, mediocrity, baseline profits, midrange 1st rounder, rinse & repeat.

Reactions: Runner77

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-26_15-10-57.png

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Rumor:

BEFORE the play-in games: lottery done for picks 1, 2, 3 between 7 non-playoff teams and 8 “unassigned” teams (losers of playin series)
If 1 or 2 “unassigned” picks move up, there will be a 2nd lottery AFTER the play-in series for the losing teams to see who gets the picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad