Confirmed with Link: NHL Entry Draft heading back to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He wont be there because him drafting top3 means he missed playoffs

MB has nine lives, only used maybe 2 or 3 so far.

Whoever is there will attempt to use whatever assets the Habs acquire until next year's draft, to make that big pitch.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I need to say that drafting Lafrenière in Montreal would be something really special

Who would you pitch for that 1OA if the draft were now? Your first rounder plus Suzuki plus ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd give MTL 1st, Brook and Suzuki or Poehling no question asked. Would probably change the or for an and.

What if the ask was KK and Suzuki?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What if the ask was KK and Suzuki?

KK+Suzuki? I'd do it for sure. Getting Lafreniere with a core C of Domi/Danault/Poehling is fine. The guy was CHL player of the year at D-1 (tied 2nd QMJHL with a 20 yo guy, 1st is an overager). Not only do you upgrade the team, but you satisfy the QC guys with the best Habs player since Lafleur.

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
KK+Suzuki? I'd do it for sure. Getting Lafreniere with a core C of Domi/Danault/Poehling is fine. The guy was CHL player of the year at D-1 (tied 2nd QMJHL with a 20 yo guy, 1st is an overager). Not only do you upgrade the team, but you satisfy the QC guys with the best Habs player since Lafleur.

How about this: Habs trade their 15th plus to try and add two more picks next year.

Next year, Habs enter the draft with 3 first rounders.

At the TDL, try and land an extra 1st rounder by dealing a redundant asset.

Use all of the 4 first rounders as leverage.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who would you pitch for that 1OA if the draft were now? Your first rounder plus Suzuki plus ?

it's impossible to say now, we'll need to see what team wins it, if we miss the playoffs then at least we would have a top 15 pick so perhaps two trades up say first to get into the top 10 and then into 1st/2nd/3rd OA depending on where he ends up being viewed as going. Or they make a huge trade, say Price, Weber, Domi etc.. if you get a team that won the lottery but thinks they are close to being a contender. So many factors, variables, if the Habs miss the playoffs again does MB keep his job? Can he go 3 years in a row missing? Or does he have compromising photos of MB and thus has carte blanche?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
it's impossible to say now, we'll need to see what team wins it, if we miss the playoffs then at least we would have a top 15 pick so perhaps two trades up say first to get into the top 10 and then into 1st/2nd/3rd OA depending on where he ends up being viewed as going. Or they make a huge trade, say Price, Weber, Domi etc.. if you get a team that won the lottery but thinks they are close to being a contender. So many factors, variables, if the Habs miss the playoffs again does MB keep his job? Can he go 3 years in a row missing? Or does he have compromising photos of MB and thus has carte blanche?

Fun to speculate even if it’s so far away. Gotta believe the Habs will make a serious run for that 1st OA.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fun to speculate even if it’s so far away. Gotta believe the Habs will make a serious run for that 1st OA.

he might not even be tabbed the most likely 1st OA pick, so much can happen in 12 months. If the draft is in their house I'm sure they will look into but odds are so greatly against it if they make the playoffs as then they likely wouldn't want to trade the parts it would take (Kotka, Domi, etc..) If they don't make the playoffs then it certainly gets a lot more interesting. We'll see what happens this summer, if no big moves to fix the holes then they could be a lottery team again and maybe MB calls in his favor for taking on John Scott. :sarcasm:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm not asking for much, just one of Lafreniere, Byfield, Lundell, Raymond, Gunler, or Holtz would be lovely.

Am I wrong in thinking this top 5 is supposed to be much better than this year's top 5? I feel like it's pretty highly touted.

I'm secretly hoping for us to stand pat, have some bad luck and get a lottery pick. Then by 20/21 when our Suzukis and KKs and Poehlings and Brooks are ready we can add that bonafide elite talent and finally have ourselves a proper team

Reactions: FF de Mars

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When is the last time a 1st overall pick was traded before being selected?

Spitballing should never be confused with actuality. It’s definitely in the “one can dream” category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad