GDT: NHL Entry Draft: 2021 Edition of No Finns Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Seems like the value for a top 4 Dman has shot up considerably these past few years.
Dmen are always a valuable commodity at the TDL and this team is Exhibit A for the past few years.
- Brendan Dillon
- Nick Jensen
- Jacob Jerabek
- Michal Kempny
- Kevin Shattenkirk
- Tom Gilbert
- Mike Weber
- Tim Gleason

Reactions: tenken00

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I miss being so excited about the draft. We used to be such a good drafting and developing team. Now it seems like it's been what, 5 or 6 years since we've had someone make any kind of NHL impact. Samsonov the last guy?

These days i feel like our youngsters never even get a chance at NHL-level.

Reactions: RandyHolt

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Dmen are always a valuable commodity at the TDL and this team is Exhibit A for the past few years.
- Brendan Dillon
- Nick Jensen
- Jacob Jerabek
- Michal Kempny
- Kevin Shattenkirk
- Tom Gilbert
- Mike Weber
- Tim Gleason

Almost every year in the Ovie era.. :laugh:

And you forgot another big one - Joe Corvo. I was sure we were going to win it all that year lol

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
- Brendan Dillon
- Nick Jensen
- Jacob Jerabek
- Michal Kempny
- Kevin Shattenkirk
- Tom Gilbert
- Mike Weber
- Tim Gleason

Mike Weber. OMG. Thanks for bringing that up. And on a nice Saturday too. Whats next? A remember Jagr thread?

Reactions: HecticGlow

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I miss being so excited about the draft. We used to be such a good drafting and developing team. Now it seems like it's been what, 5 or 6 years since we've had someone make any kind of NHL impact. Samsonov the last guy?

They seem to have a template that they stick to

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Blame it on the team's success, which has resulted in the team drafting in the mid to late 20's it seems like for some time. What was the last time the Caps drafted anyone higher than the 20's, the year they took Forsberg and Wilson.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Ranked 224 by Central Scouting

14 players with BCHL ties named to NHL Central Scouting’s Final Rankings for 2021 Draft

Lemay was a steady presence on the blueline for the Silverbacks this year. The 18-year-old suited up for 15 games and chipped in with 10 assists, putting him just outside the top-10 in that category among all BCHL defencemen. Lemay was recognized for his strong play by receiving multiple votes for the Vernon Pod’s Top Defenceman award at season’s end.

The native of Saint-Pierre-les-Becquets, Que. played the 2019-20 season with Mount St. Charles Academy in Woonsocket, R.I. where he put up 26 points in 63 games. Lemay is committed to the University of Nebraska-Omaha.

Reactions: tenken00

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The entire league thought Shatty was a good buy. Who knew that his career as a top defenseman was literally going to be killed as a Cap
Killed as a Cap? He signed a pretty big deal to be the Rangers top pairing D after he left Washington.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Definitely would have started targeting speedier depth forward types but...shrug. Still another three picks.

Looks as if Lemay has some skill at least. He's an '02 so a little older.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Tschigerl to Anaheim. That's the guy I liked for their last pick.

Ironically enough a couple of the highest on my board are a couple of North American RD. Time for some energy forwards, though, you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad