GDT: NHL Entry Draft: 2021 Edition of No Finns Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm sorry but you can't really put grades on teams for how they drafted this year. After the 1st round it was mostly a crap shoot. I will though given Ken Holland an F as he had the opportunity to draft a good goalie prospect in Jesper Wallstedt, which could have a been a good bet to be the Oilers future #1 yet Holland was fixated on another forward.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Guys we draft now dont really matter that much, unless its a homerun bingo hit. Which is very unlikely at our lotto positions.

Rather have cheap third/fourth liners who have track record (like Sheary and Sprong) than an unkown rookie. After this draft core is breaking in we are heading towards the burn it down rebuild anyways and they will be just placeholders or trade chips anyways.

If Ovie has 4 year contract thats the perfect spot to start rebuilding while giving Ovie still big money one-year contracts to eventually hunt down the goal record. Keeps people comig to games while we suck, win-win.

So, i dont even care to grade the draft. I like high risk picks more, Johnson maybe lands to that category, where other picks was boring and safe. Im skeptical to buid the organizational depth for more than 4- year window, we would need a miracle to get through and renew our current structure and still stay competitive without a complete rebuild. So just sit back and enjoy this core while it lasts. This team is our best chance to win the cup for the next decade or four, like it or not.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They have some positions covered already. Proper rebuild would require selling Wilson, Oshie, Maybe Carlson and Orlov, ofc Kuzy and so on.

Waiting 4 more years = Sammy, CMM and our beloved AA and Fever become not that young and not that cheap. Kinda half assing it...

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'll probably start a new Caps top prospect poll next week to give us a little time to digest last weekend's draft.

Reactions: searle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad