GDT: NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Bac
College hockey has a ton of 20 and 21 year old freshmen so 19 is actually very common. The elite guys like Newhook and Boldy at BC came in at 18 but the vast majority of NCAA freshmen hockey players are coming in at 19. But if you're looking for an example, David Backes is one. Zach Sanford. Joe Pavelski was a 20 year old freshman at Wisconsin. Neal Pionk was also a 20 year old freshman.
I think Backes played in the USHL as a 17 and 18 YO, not 19.
The player the B's picked is already 19.
Thanks for the info. We can check back in 2-3 years and see where our pick is at.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
What does Sweeney have against CHL prospects?
Seems to like guys going the NCAA route and they have moved that direction, like picking JFK over Cirelli, these are things about Sweeney that drive me crazy. If we had an owner that was an actual hockey fan, Sweeney and Neely would have been fired a long time ago.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Looking at the Bruins draft history and where guys were selected from it looks like since 2015 nearly 1 in 4 Bruins draft picks have come from the USHL. Including today's picks the following were drafted out of the USHL:

Trent Frederic
Curtis Hall
Jake Schmaltz
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson
Jeremy Swayman
Ryan Lindgren

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What sucks is with the roster we’re probably looking at another 3-4 years before these clowns are considered fireable by the dumbass ownership group.

and I’m sure it’ll be an old boys club approach and JFJ will just be hired as the GM.

Reactions: Bodit9 and bbfan419

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
What sucks is with the roster we’re probably looking at another 3-4 years before these clowns are considered fireable by the dumbass ownership group.

and I’m sure it’ll be an old boys club approach and JFJ will just be hired as the GM.

And they will fire Cassidy before they change anything because Sweeney and Neely will look to protect their necks.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Bac

I think Backes played in the USHL as a 17 and 18 YO, not 19.
The player the B's picked is already 19.
Thanks for the info. We can check back in 2-3 years and see where our pick is at.

I thought you were asking for 19 year old freshmen. Even still, Pavelski was 20. I am not defending this draft pick. Just that the USHL is still a good league.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
It would simply be nice to have a GM that doesn't pretend to be smarter than everyone else. First it was Chiarelli, now Sweeney.

Don't force it, keep the decisions natural and simple. Frustrating.

To Sweeney's credit, he has done an alright job until now with scouting prospects. The problem has been consistently drafting the right guys.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad