Babajingo

Seems fitting the next pick is 151

upload_2020-10-7_16-37-26.png

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Does Sweeney read the board? Probably why he does the stupid reaches come draft day. He’s doing it to spite everyone :laugh:

He's reading this stuff right now yukking it up. He knows it doesn't matter, these guys wont see any NHL time anyway- they will languish in Providence or get moved for a bottom 6 grinder.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
What difference does it really make? Sweeney will be fired next year but not Cam and Cam will get to hire another yes man who has no control while we still have the same core 4 or 5 guys from 2009 on our team.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Haha, I am now 50, so I should be in line for a 6 year deal or so. I asked for 7 but they hesitated because that would take me into my 57th year and they felt that was too risky.

I'm gonna be 58 at the end of the month with a 7 year deal it'll take me right to my pension.

The back is a little f***ed up and let's not even talk about the knees but otherwise I can play.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm gonna be 58 at the end of the month with a 7 year deal it'll take me right to my pension.

The back is a little f***ed up and let's not even talk about the knees but otherwise I can play.

There is a spot for you on the fourth line. To hell with the kids in Providence.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Federic and curtis hall too and they becoming potential players.

Frederic is still a reach to this day. He is a 4th line player drafted in the 1st round.

Hall drafted in the 4th round. After the 3rd round any pick is valid. The reaches in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds with modern scouting and prospects at a higher level by the year is what will hurt us.

Reactions: Estlin and 3B

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
A “reach” is fine every once in a while. It’s just every early pick lately it seems they go wildly off the board.

The Kuntar maybe not so much; Reed Duthie mentioned him as a second round outlier for the Bruins in his draft preview at the scouting post:

Trevor Kuntar, C-LW 6-0/200 Youngstown (USHL)- Passed over in 2019 after two largely disappointing seasons with the Phantoms, Kuntar exploded in his third year, piling up points and playing with a lot of fire and jam. Heavy game and Bruins-like attributes. May not have high-end NHL scoring potential but brings a solid floor with him.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Best part of the draft for me so far is seeing the Sens bring back those 90's sweaters. I've wanted them to bring those back for ages.

Hope the Bruins eventually modernize the Neely-era sweaters and bring back the damn gold socks...when they inevitably ice an entire roster of stay-at-home LHD's :sarcasm:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Kuntar maybe not so much; Reed Duthie mentioned him as a second round outlier for the Bruins in his draft preview at the scouting post:

Trevor Kuntar, C-LW 6-0/200 Youngstown (USHL)- Passed over in 2019 after two largely disappointing seasons with the Phantoms, Kuntar exploded in his third year, piling up points and playing with a lot of fire and jam. Heavy game and Bruins-like attributes. May not have high-end NHL scoring potential but brings a solid floor with him.

The Bruins love that word. "Floor" seems more important than ceiling.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
A “reach” is fine every once in a while. It’s just every early pick lately it seems wildly off the board.

ya it’s fine every once in a while, especially if you hit on draft picks more than most teams, but when you constantly reach on players who don’t make it, it’s frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad