GDT: NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Maybe they do, but are they 19 years old when they go to D1?
Give me one example of a 19 yr old from the USHL that went on to play D1 and then make the NHL as a regular.
The point I am making is that it looks like the Bruins wasted another pick ( I hope I am totally wrong) in the second round on an overage player playing at the lowest possible level of junior hockey.

College hockey has a ton of 20 and 21 year old freshmen so 19 is actually very common. The elite guys like Newhook and Boldy at BC came in at 18 but the vast majority of NCAA freshmen hockey players are coming in at 19. But if you're looking for an example, David Backes is one. Zach Sanford. Joe Pavelski was a 20 year old freshman at Wisconsin. Neal Pionk was also a 20 year old freshman.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Imagine you are a non US region scout for the Bruins. You do extensive work all year but the mgmt keeps selecting prospects out the US pool only even if they are thought as lesser prospects. It would be totally demotivating as I’d think there’s little confidence in my scouting ability

Didn’t they pick Axel Andersson and Vaak with their first picks in like two straight drafts? They’ve picked multiple euros in the last 3 drafts

A lot of Complaining for the sake of complaining in this thread

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Imagine you are a non US region scout for the Bruins. You do extensive work all year but the mgmt keeps selecting prospects out the US pool only even if they are thought as lesser prospects. It would be totally demotivating as I’d think there’s little confidence in my scouting ability

You think they actually have someone who scouts for them? They probably just rifled thru the recycling the year before and write the names down on a sticky note..

Reactions: 3B

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Yes.... that sounds about right.
Still amazed that Sweeney could not trade down for picks. Baffling. Pretty sure neither of his draft picks were anywhere near the consensus pick.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
My boy and buddy Mangy ( Mangiapane) was not drafted his first year either, however,
the difference in our picks vs Mangy was that he was a 6th round pick only after he scored 106 pts in the "O".
Why waste picks on overagers so early DS???????
Tanner Pearson was passed over his 1st year and was a 1st round pick the following year and he turned out pretty good. Sometimes guy are late bloomers or are just missed.

Reactions: bbfan419

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is how i envision the Bruins draft.

giphy.gif

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

True or it could be a cake walk of a job, sleep all day and play on the computer. Throw some names at them that end in OV or SSON. Tell them they have potential, blah, blah, blah. Right off a trip to Zelenogorsk to see Yuri Zapalinskeva play hockey, don't even go to the rink. Get some good Instagram pictures of the Radiation Lake. Sounds like a George Costanza job.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Even my buddy who's an Oilers fan just texted me saying "Well, It's better than everyone saying "WHO?" in the first round when the Bruins are on the clock"

He's an Oilers fan, OILERS.

What pisses me off is he's not wrong.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad