GDT: NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I won't trash the kids who were drafted by the Bruins today, they had zero control over where in the draft they were selected. As a fan I certainly hope they end up in Boston.

I will trash Neely & Sweeney though. The drafting ineptitude continues with these reaches. I'd give a lot to know if Neely/Sweeney are overriding the amateur scouts or whether the amateur section of the scouting department is f***ed up.

It is probably both to be honest.

Time to clean out the front office once again. It would have been far better for the Bruins to continue hiring outside the organization as it did when they hired Chiarelli & his staff instead of reverting to the old boy ex-Bruin network when they fired him. One step up, two steps back...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Would have liked to see the Bruins trade up twice and get some players that can really bolster the teams future. Seemed like a really deep draft. Feels like they've haven't done much, not very active

member 96824

I won't trash the kids who were drafted by the Bruins today, they had zero control over where in the draft they were selected. As a fan I certainly hope they end up in Boston.

I will trash Neely & Sweeney though. The drafting ineptitude continues with these reaches. I'd give a lot to know if Neely/Sweeney are overriding the amateur scouts or whether the amateur section of the scouting department is f***ed up.

It is probably both to be honest.

Time to clean out the front office once again. It would have been far better for the Bruins to continue hiring outside the organization as it did when they hired Chiarelli & his staff instead of reverting to the old boy ex-Bruin network when they fired him. One step up, two steps back...

Well said. This is the key distinction. A lot of dumb fans gave Senyshyn shit on social directly when he was picked. He doesn’t have control over that.

Direct the attention to the morons up top.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It would simply be nice to have a GM that doesn't pretend to be smarter than everyone else. First it was Chiarelli, now Sweeney.

Don't force it, keep the decisions natural and simple. Frustrating.

Hmm now what do Chiarelli and Sweeney have in common?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well said. This is the key distinction. A lot of dumb fans gave Senyshyn shit on social directly when he was picked. He doesn’t have control over that.

Direct the attention to the morons up top.

Yup I won't trash Senyshyn either, he takes way too much shit here too.

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
It will take some time to give Lohrei in College level and re-evaluate later. He won't affect the Bruins roster for the Cup Window that is left.
Considering position the Bruins are in and also the drop off of talent in the middle of round 2, I would have rather seen Bruins offer the second rounder to take on a reclamation project like Andersson or Puljujärvi. They have a high pedigree and elite skill set that they were drafted for. That skill set is still there but their development was derailed - if Bruins can reclaim one as a project we would possibly be able to fill hole cheaply. If it does not work out, then it is only late 2nd round pick invested.
If there was no trade available I would have preferred Roni Hirvonen who went right after. He is small but he does offence really good. He has good set of tools and playing against good competition. If he works out, he could be missing scoring winger not now but later on for coming rebuild. But now we have more D so this is good too.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
So, for 5 years, Sweeney has TSN telling him who he should pick and still goes way off the board. It's like a teacher giving him the answer for a test question and going with a completely different answer because he's WAY smarter.

Reactions: BMC and JOKER 192

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It will take some time to give Lohrei in College level and re-evaluate later. He won't affect the Bruins roster for the Cup Window that is left.
Considering position the Bruins are in and also the drop off of talent in the middle of round 2, I would have rather seen Bruins offer the second rounder to take on a reclamation project like Andersson or Puljujärvi. They have a high pedigree and elite skill set that they were drafted for. That skill set is still there but their development was derailed - if Bruins can reclaim one as a project we would possibly be able to fill hole cheaply. If it does not work out, then it is only late 2nd round pick invested.
If there was no trade available I would have preferred Roni Hirvonen who went right after. He is small but he does offence really good. He has good set of tools and playing against good competition. If he works out, he could be missing scoring winger not now but later on for coming rebuild. But now we have more D so this is good too.

Same here, Lias Andersen is a much better gamble than an overage USHL player.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So, for 5 years, Sweeney has TSN telling him who he should pick and still goes way off the board. It's like a teacher giving him the answer for a test question and going with a completely different answer because he's WAY smarter.

Seriously he should just pick off the best available list every time his turn is up. Leave it on auto draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->