GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2022 - FLYERS PICK 5TH -- Tuesday, May 10th - 6:30PM - (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, SN NOW, TVAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kevin Hayes tilts it to the Flyers side for me.
He certainly does tilt the scales

dog-scales.gif

Worst season in franchise history for all intents and purposes and we pick 5th lol

Hopefully it works out the way it did for Colorado in 2017 moving from 1st to 4th (it wont)

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think jersey goes with slavkofsky number one which could throw every prediction off hopefully nemec drops to 5

Reactions: BiggE

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Can you guys provide me of with an overall scouting report of Kevin Hayes? I've heard he's ideal #2 that was bought pre-covid.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Trading down and taking Snuggerud. Screencap this. Cuck gonna cuck.

Atoadaso

Check the date.

The latest mock for 2022 has us picking 13th and taking Isaac "Ike" Howard. I think the idea that there will be 12 worse teams than us is extremely optimistic, but I am confident that we will take a Stooge, or the offspring of a Stooge, in this case, Shemp's great-grandson.

2022 Mock Draft

EDIT: ... unless we take James Jimmy Snuggerud. Holy f***.

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
Well.....that sucked.......

View attachment 544118
I just got a newly released Grateful Dead album today (Dave’s Picks Vol. 1). Out of job, Flyers suck, Phillies suck, I’m just going to pour a massive glass of Bourbon, roll a fatty, and have several Troegs IPA’s while listening to the Dead and pretending everything isn’t awful.

pooch

May 30, 2017
I just got a newly released Grateful Dead album today (Dave’s Picks Vol. 1). Out of job, Flyers suck, Phillies suck, I’m just going to pour a massive glass of Bourbon, roll a fatty, and have several Troegs IPA’s while listening to the Dead and pretending everything isn’t awful.
How is Dave’s Pick 1 a new release?

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I don't really do Dead but man I wish that was my life.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He certainly does tilt the scales

View attachment 544156

Worst season in franchise history for all intents and purposes and we pick 5th lol

Hopefully it works out the way it did for Colorado in 2017 moving from 1st to 4th (it wont)
I’m really not a fan of this weird revisionism of the 06-07 season where the Flyers were in last place, 11 points behind the next worst team.

Reactions: JVR21

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
More pain ahead

As much as it gets harped on with JvR that’s really not bad outcome at all even if it didn’t end up the most ideal. He was still a top line winger for a good chunk of his career (top six at worst). The Flyers just traded him away during his peak years for a bottom pairing defender. The guy in front of him went on to become a HoF caliber player & scored the GWG against them in the finals. So the optics aren’t great but it underscores the actual math/percentages to these things.

It was also one isolated top pick. Usually bad teams have multiple kicks at the can with accumulating high picks. That’s what really mitigates the outcomes. Say the Flyers were one of the worst teams again in 2008 well then you’re walking away with Stamkos or Doughty possibly.

Toronto is another team where they really hit it out of the park with outcomes when they got Nylander (#8), Marner (#4), & Matthews (#1) with consecutive top picks. That’s two stars & a top line caliber players. Now that’s a pretty great outcome with that chances probably are unlikely in most cases to get those three outcomes but still they were playing the lottery on multiple occasions & not just a one & done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad