NHL.com’s current top 16 ranking (post FA frenzy)

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Do you play the trumpet?

Having read a number of your posts in the last few days, you’re a terrible homer.

And Juolevi is f***ing garbage.

Canucks got worse.

It really depends on the duo of Demko and Holtby - Markstrom is a big loss but the 1a/1b combo could prove effective.

Canucks will be a wash at forward. You'll likely see continued improvement from players like Pettersson, Virtanen and Gaudette. The 'loss' of Toffoli is over-stated and over-rated.

On defense there are big variables. Schmidt improved the top 4, however, the bottom pair could either be a total disaster or a pleasant surprise.

Canucks could regress or improve and it shouldn't surprise anyone. There's nothing homer about predicting an improvement.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
It really depends on the duo of Demko and Holtby - Markstrom is a big loss but the 1a/1b combo could prove effective.

Canucks will be a wash at forward. You'll likely see continued improvement from players like Pettersson, Virtanen and Gaudette. The 'loss' of Toffoli is over-stated and over-rated.

On defense there are big variables. Schmidt improved the top 4, however, the bottom pair could either be a total disaster or a pleasant surprise.

Canucks could regress or improve and it shouldn't surprise anyone. There's nothing homer about predicting an improvement.

It was in reference to a number of posts.

The team got worse.

Schmidt is an upgrade on Tanev.

But the defense is worse overall without another significant add.

And that was a pretty mediocre defense to begin with.

Stecher was able to slip into the top 4 (top pair really), and hold his own.

Nobody in the system can replace that, and there will injuries.

Myers is terrible. I’d hate to see the results with more difficult minutes, if he’s forced into them.

There’s a huge hole in the top 6 F.

I don’t see goaltending being a strength.

Obviously I’d happily eat crow, but I’m of the opinion Demko isn’t the goalie we saw in the playoffs. And Holtby is washed.

This team is worse.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
It was in reference to a number of posts.

The team got worse.

Schmidt is an upgrade on Tanev.

But the defense is worse overall without another significant add.

And that was a pretty mediocre defense to begin with.

Stecher was able to slip into the top 4 (top pair really), and hold his own.

Nobody in the system can replace that, and there will injuries.

Myers is terrible. I’d hate to see the results with more difficult minutes, if he’s forced into them.

There’s a huge hole in the top 6 F.

I don’t see goaltending being a strength.

Obviously I’d happily eat crow, but I’m of the opinion Demko isn’t the goalie we saw in the playoffs. And Holtby is washed.

This team is worse.

I guess we will see if they got worse. I think it’s a lateral year for their roster with a ton of upside. The defensive depth is the biggest concern and I think there’s a few younger players that could fill out the bottom pair.

Like I said wouldn’t be surprised to see a regression or ascension- but most likely the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad