GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
They've been tied for half a decade. Just doesn't add up. What adds up is 13 of a possible 16 home games tickets sold and teams like Montreal offer-sheeting guys 21 million over one year to make Carolina hesitate.
you're just gonna go on and ignore my reply about the Bruins acquiring two players at the deadline just a few months ago? OK

the problem isn't lack of demand on the Bruins part, it's lack of supply. The only potential 2nd line wing they've passed on that I felt like they could actually afford in recent years was Mike Hoffman.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
hmm. Why/
Not enough games played, the one game to burn a year his first year out of college gets him closer to UFA at 25 not RFA, also will still get him a good raise and has the threat to hold out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That’s true Coach. Do you wanna trade DK?Krug or Tuukka and free up space . Your call. Please don’t bring up Backes . They can’t unload his whole salary. Do you wanna move their best prospects. Your call!

I'm tired of hearing about Backes not being able to be moved. Marleau moved. Ceci moved. Zaitsev moved.

I'm also guessing Lucic and Eriksson will be moved.

Either the Bruins have the deep prospect pool to make moves or they don't and they are a 1st line team with a TON of 3rd and 4th liners. Time will tell.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
you're just gonna go on and ignore my reply about the Bruins acquiring two players at the deadline just a few months ago? OK

the problem isn't lack of demand on the Bruins part, it's lack of supply. The only potential 2nd line wing they've passed on that I felt like they could actually afford in recent years was Mike Hoffman.
Neither of those players was a legit top wing to play with Krejci. And they were deadline acquisitions.

You figure it out. No excuses. Maybe you can't afford it because you're wasting all of your cap space on the bottom of the roster.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'm tired of hearing about Backes not being able to be moved. Marleau moved. Ceci moved. Zaitsev moved.

I'm also guessing Lucic and Eriksson will be moved.

Either the Bruins have the deep prospect pool to make moves or they don't and they are a 1st line team with a TON of 3rd and 4th liners. Time will tell.
Teams move these contracts ALL THE TIME.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm left wondering why he decided to sign the offer at all. I would have thought he commanded more, even as a RFA. Is signing a bonus-heavy, front-loaded contract at perhaps below-market-rate a bet on the lockout disrupting seasons during its duration?

NHL players like getting guarenteed money up front that is not held in escrow or tied up with the NHL. This way they immediately get their cash and can start investing it to make more. So taking less overall but more upfront may actually work out if he invests right.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No its a weasel move that will not be forgotten
Seriously, what is Carolina going to do? Do their stupid celebration on Belle Center ice? They aren't going to offer sheet anybody. Think another GM won't trade with Bergevin if it improves his team? Nope, other GM's may say they wouldn't do it or their will be repercussions but there won't be.

Habs will land a great number one center for minimal return.Sweeney should find a way to offer sheet Point and deal with the cap later.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Your move, Sweeney.
Why??? The Bruins went to Game 7 of the Finals. Did Montreal even make the playoffs?

I've been critical of Sweeney before but I think he's due a large helping of benefit of the doubt now. And we know he doesn't jump every time a competitor makes a move. He's not going to feel any need to respond to this nor should he. The Bruins are still a far better team than Montreal.

I think Sweeney's only job here is to try to get rid of Backes (unlikely) and/or find another creative way to add a real winger for Krejci. But if he doesn't get either done this summer, oh well. No need to panic.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Neither of those players was a legit top wing to play with Krejci. And they were deadline acquisitions.

You figure it out. No excuses. Maybe you can't afford it because you're wasting all of your cap space on the bottom of the roster.
how many legit top wings were moved at the deadline this year?

The only real wasted cap space right now is Backes, but that's obviously a big one. Even without him they probably can't afford that Panarin deal even if he was willing to sign here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Seriously, what is Carolina going to do? Do their stupid celebration on Belle Center ice? They aren't going to offer sheet anybody. Think another GM won't trade with Bergevin if it improves his team? Nope, other GM's may say they wouldn't do it or their will be repercussions but there won't be.

Habs will land a great number one center for minimal return.Sweeney should find a way to offer sheet Point and deal with the cap later.
Other teams see it..Lot of old school G Ms who will now not want to deal with habs in future wait n see.Canes are a serious team right now and will match that do not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad