GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It’s called the company line. Telling you in a nice way their hands are tied in double knots and duck tape over them.

They've been tied for half a decade. Just doesn't add up. What adds up is 13 of a possible 16 home games tickets sold and teams like Montreal offer-sheeting guys 21 million over one year to make Carolina hesitate.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yea Carolina isn't matching that
If that is the case brilliant move by Bergivin, only lose a first, second and third for a top end forward because you can afford to front load the deal. Will suck for us but really well done. On top of which they got picks for Shaw yesterday to ease the loss of these.

Reactions: Estlin

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
habs should've offered like 10.5M or whatever the threshold is before giving up 4 first rounders.
8.45 even with the crazy bonus structure is getting matched

Reactions: Saxon Eric

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
I'm left wondering why he decided to sign the offer at all. I would have thought he commanded more, even as a RFA. Is signing a bonus-heavy, front-loaded contract at perhaps below-market-rate a bet on the lockout disrupting seasons during its duration?

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
They've been tied for half a decade. Just doesn't add up. What adds up is 13 of a possible 16 home games tickets sold and teams like Montreal offer-sheeting guys 21 million over one year to make Carolina hesitate.
That’s true Coach. Do you wanna trade DK?Krug or Tuukka and free up space . Your call. Please don’t bring up Backes . They can’t unload his whole salary. Do you wanna move their best prospects. Your call!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
They have to match the exact terms as well

Yup. 21 million up front for a team like Boston and Montreal is easy.

Bob brings up the offer-sheet teams wisely; a team that is in 'win now' and have a 'full prospect pool' should use it and can. How much more full can the Bruins get?

It feels like they are overflowing with NHL ready guys.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like the Brett Ritchie signing. I also like the SLIGHT (and I could not be more emphatic on the use of that word) return to clubs looking at guys with sandpaper. These all have cumulative influence on other clubs doing the same and, hopefully, a return to hockey's more pure roots. Love live Fenian, Sheppy and NeelyDan - hostile islands in the stream, that is what we are.

Ritchie is another player in the growing line of " looking at sandpaper " signings by Sweeney since he became GM. Beleskey, Hayes, Rinaldo, Backes, Wagner... this isn't a new thing.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They may trade some money off the team and become worse. That 21M first year is a poison pill.

they moved 5 million last night and the Molson's have plenty of money. That is why they front loaded. Dundon won't spend in Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad