GDT: NHL/BRUINS - FREE AGENT FRENZY - JULY 1st - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
You do realize every team has hit the floor already except:

Ottawa ($1.5 million) with 1-d-man and 2 forwards to sign yet just to hit the 20 man roster
Winnipeg ($1.5 million) Who may have trouble staying under the cap when all said is done
Colorado ($5.8 million) Rantanen will eat all that himself - forget the other RFA's they have to sign

That ship has sailed.

Now, you're looking for a team that has cap space for two years not one, and hoping you can work out a deal.

I have no problem giving a 2nd or one of our plethora D to make it happen.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Avs are at $54m, but have a bunch of RFA's to sign, including Rantanen, Compher, Burakovsky, Kamenev, Zadarov, Graves. Rantanen alone will put them close, but they will have lots of space.

Jets are at $58m. but have Laine, Connor, Copp, Pionk, and Comrie to sign, and they only have 15 on the roster.

Sens are at $58.6m, and have White and Wolanin to sign. I still think they make the most sense with all the youngsters and rebuilding.

And especially the 1M salary.

Add a late pick or B prospect and it’s done.

The real question is, who do you get with the space?

My pick: Johansson or Kreider.

Reactions: bbfan419

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I would prefer Kreider, just because he plays a "heavier" speed game. Regardless of which one it is, somebody is going to have to play the off wing.

He who shall not be named is not a 1st line player, but I would go:

63-37-43
Kreider-46-88
74-13-XXX

Reactions: Strafer

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I would prefer Kreider, just because he plays a "heavier" speed game. Regardless of which one it is, somebody is going to have to play the off wing.

He who shall not be named is not a 1st line player, but I would go:

63-37-43
Kreider-46-88
74-13-XXX

Go with most deserving in camp among Steen/Bjork/Stud/Senyshyn for XXX and with Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner-Kuhlman for 4th line, this is a 110pts+ forwards group.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You think they can sign him Carlo and Charlie for the just over 10 they have in cap space?
They already have a 22-men roster.

Signing Carlo, McAvoy and Heinen means that Kampfer would be waived/sent down, Clifton and Kuhlman sent down, thus gaining $2.275M to sign the three mentioned players.

The Beleskey retention and Seidenberg buyout do not help ($3.07M less cap space).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is Nordstrom secure in his role with your team or do you think he will have to fight a potential FA or kid from Providence this coming year?

Jim Matheson is wondering on Twitter if Dzingel would take “Rieder money” and play for a $2 million contract in Edmonton. If Dzingel is willing to play up there for that (again, just his opinion), if that’s the going rate, I’d hope he’d rather come here for that kind of money and we could slot him at worst on Coyle’s wing.

If he was going to do something like that wouldn't it make more sense for him to wait and see if Hawks trade Anisimov? I mean he is here in Chicago right now last I heard (He grew up in suburbs here) and Hawks reportedly had interest in him in leadup to FA

If he takes a 1 yr type deal at that cost wouldn't potentially ending up LW with Toews/Kane or RW with Debrincat/Strome or RW with Saad/Dach be more appealing for him if he is looking to cash in next summer?

If Hawks move on from AA they can theoretically fit Dzingel at 3M

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-Dach-Dzingel
Caggiula-Kampf-Carpenter

Moving on from Perlini would be fine for me as well (Guy showed so little with Hawks)

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
would you all be willing to give up a second round pick as rfa compensation to go offer sheet nikita gusev? hes small... real small... but hes a right shot 27 year old that has around 140 points in khl over the last 2 seasons

we would need to probably deal Heinen to make the cap situation work for us but we probably could use the extra offense more than the solid defensive player. would gusev help debrusk break out on the krejci line?

to be honest I think if we packaged Heinen with moore we could probably get quite a nice return for the two of them... better than the second we are giving up in compensation

I dont believe it will happen... but I wonder if it should happen

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
would you all be willing to give up a second round pick as rfa compensation to go offer sheet nikita gusev? hes small... real small... but hes a right shot 27 year old that has around 140 points in khl over the last 2 seasons

we would need to probably deal Heinen to make the cap situation work for us but we probably could use the extra offense more than the solid defensive player. would gusev help debrusk break out on the krejci line?

to be honest I think if we packaged Heinen with moore we could probably get quite a nice return for the two of them... better than the second we are giving up in compensation

Could probably try to make a trade with Vegas instead of offer sheeting him at this point

Maybe 2nd + Zachary Senyshyn would be type of deal Vegas would like with them throwing in a mid/late pick in deal

I know around here you guys seem to be down on Senyshyn as prospect and he does not seem to have developed as you wanted him to at this point

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Can't offer sheet him.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I don't think that you can trade a player who is injured? Isn't Moore considered injured until/unless he returns from shoulder surgery?!?!

Reactions: Maine Fan

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Think it's just KPD being obnoxious

I hadn’t noticed. Then he tweeted out only McAvoy out of McAvoy, Carlo, and Heinen is a must sign.

I was like...whaaaa?

Shocked. Carlo is a absolute must, irreplaceable, core piece. I’m amazed he watches the games and doesn’t instantly know that. Gotta just be ****ing with people.

Reactions: bbfan419

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I hadn’t noticed. Then he tweeted out only McAvoy out of McAvoy, Carlo, and Heinen is a must sign.

I was like...whaaaa?

Shocked. Carlo is a absolute must, irreplaceable, core piece. I’m amazed he watches the games and doesn’t instantly know that. Gotta just be ****ing with people.
DuPont had no idea McAvoy isn’t offer sheet eligible. He thought some team would present an offer sheet... wrong

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ferland could save this offseason.

I fixed that for you. They do not need another miniature forward with speed and skill that is unproven, they have enough of those. Get a legit top 6 winger with some b****. Move Heinen, LTIR Backes or move him and sign MacAvoy and Carlo. That would turn what has so far been another GM of the year disaster into an ok off season.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The off-season just started and doesn't need "saving". How does an unproven Russian player "save" anything?

Ya I don't love or hate it so far. We'll see how it all shakes out. I'd love for us to go out and get at a legit #2RW, but if we don't then I still think this team can make a solid run.

Reactions: Dr Hook

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ya I don't love or hate it so far. We'll see how it all shakes out. I'd love for us to go out and get at a legit #2RW, but if we don't then I still think this team can make a solid run.

Don't the Bruins have a few other Russian Prospects too? Get Gusev and start the new Russian 5

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Kreider or Ferland. If Ferland really want 6m then even as much as I like him and feel the Bruins desperately need toughness I would pass. Go hard for Anderson in Columbus.

Reactions: Ratty

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think that you can trade a player who is injured? Isn't Moore considered injured until/unless he returns from shoulder surgery?!?!

You can trade anyone, guys like Horton and Savard who were permanently injured were traded. Obviously Moore is a different case as any team that might deal for him wants him, because they think he can help their team. Now there is a question how much he can help their team and when that will be, so his value is very up in the air. Probably better off having him on LTIR, and dealing him at the deadline when he has proven he is healthy again. Deal him at the deadline and you are likely getting a #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad