NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Aren't passing statistics supposed to start coming to the forefront in the Advanced Stats game? Thought i read that somewhere last year. Pass accuracy, passing distance, passes in the O-Zone at ES and on the PK, etc...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Aren't passing statistics supposed to start coming to the forefront in the Advanced Stats game? Thought i read that somewhere last year. Pass accuracy, passing distance, passes in the O-Zone at ES and on the PK, etc...

There are passing stats out there, mostly with pay sites. They're in the category of stats called 'micro-stats', along with stuff like puck recoveries, controlled zone exits and entries, etc.

They're tougher/more expensive to collect, because it requires having many people watch the same game and tag 'events' in a video system, which are then put into a database for tabulation and analysis. You need many pairs of eyes corroborating the same 'events' to make sure there's some level of consensus.

I know The Point and SportLogiq track them.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are passing stats out there, mostly with pay sites. They're in the category of stats called 'micro-stats', along with stuff like puck recoveries, controlled zone exits and entries, etc.

They're tougher/more expensive to collect, because it requires having many people watch the same game and tag 'events' in a video system, which are then put into a database for tabulation and analysis. You need many pairs of eyes corroborating the same 'events' to make sure there's some level of consensus.

I know The Point and SportLogiq track them.

Yeah. They are also kind of subjective which complicates it a bit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nice things are finally happening on their front. So they're now over the cap then, I see they had 3 mil prior to this.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I probably went a little quick with that take.
But it all depends on how the situation plays out and what comes of this.

I think what comes of it is the Penguins will settle and gag orders all around and Guerin will keep his job. Given that the coach was fired about a week after Guerin learned of the allegations, it's likely that they're credible so the Penguins are not going to go to court over this where their best argument is that the Skaldes didn't complain soon enough. If the case isn't dismissed, they will settle.

Also I hope Donatelli is blacklisted. He sounds like a serious predator, not a handsy drunk.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I would have murdered this mother f***er immediately.

Like I appreciate that's an instinctive response, but that's not a very good one. Life isn't an action movie and that sentiment towards partners of victims isn't really helpful, the idea that if that was my wife I would kill him because no you wouldn't.

It's a lot more complicated than that and the situation is really traumatic and difficult for the husband as well. No need to side eye the husband for not getting himself thrown in jail, even hypothetically.

And the fact that the incident is tied in with the husband's employment and that he probably the primary breadwinner in the family makes everything tougher.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Like I appreciate that's an instinctive response, but that's not a very good one. Life isn't an action movie and that sentiment towards partners of victims isn't really helpful, the idea that if that was my wife I would kill him because no you wouldn't..
Actually he (or I) just may. Because I would bring so many fists to his face that he actually may die from traumatic brain injuries. Or, if he is bigger/stronger than I, I'd certainly be beating him with some sort of weapon. I may not want to murder someone, but it may happen just out of pure anger.

Reactions: Pez68

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How drunk does Skalde have to be to not notice his wife getting groped in the back seat??? Sounds like a disaster of a night.

It's a lot more complicated than that

It's really not. If someone assaulted my wife, they'd be dead or worse.

Reactions: Pez68

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It's from October but I just watched it after it was posted on Reddit. Kesler talks about how overuse of Toradol, a pain med, let him to develop Crohn's disease. It's terrible and I can't imagine this stuff isn't happening with players on the Hawks like Seabrook playing through injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad