NHL: Around the League 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
OEL does not want to play for Oilers and wont waive for Oilers according to Dreger

McDavid + Draisatl not enough to make players want to play in Edmonton

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I would ordinarily agree, but memories of the story about Raanta having to evacuate his house in Arizona a year or two back due to, and I quote, "a scorpion infestation," has pretty much soured me on the idea of that state being habitable for humans.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I live here. You get used to seeing the occasional rattler, scorpion, tarantula. You just learn to look where you step or walk outside. There are millions living here with no issue. And on the flip side, car accident fatalities due to icy and snowy roads, etc. Every place has their issues.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I live here. You get used to seeing the occasional rattler, scorpion, tarantula. You just learn to look where you step or walk outside. There are millions living here with no issue. And on the flip side, car accident fatalities due to icy and snowy roads, etc. Every place has their issues.
In Ontario, deaths on roads happen on sunny clear days more than on snow covered roads.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Jarry and the penguins sign a 3 year $3.5 million aav extension
Elliot resigns in philly for a year
Soucy resigns with the wild 3 years $2.75 aav

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Solid deal for both Jarry and the Penguins. If he continues to play well, that’s a bargain, but if he doesn’t, that’s high end backup money and only for 3 years.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Lightning fan visiting here. Looking back our 2015 final was an important step in our growth. Playing a team like you guys who showed us what it takes to win the cup. Glad there were no lingering hard feelings following that series, as a few friends of mine who are Hawks fans were happy for us when we won.

There wasnt even much chirping/chippiness in that series iirc...Never was a reason to dislike Tampa at all, great players/org then and now, thanks for keeping Perry from a cup...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The only team I hated during our Golden Age that was a realistic threat was Vancouver. Didn’t hate Philly, just hated Pronger. I’d probably resent the Ducks more but all we did was beat them. Kings were great and talented but we beat them sandwiched around the year they beat us.

Philly was thin on defense. Boston was scary but Crow went super saiyan. Tampa was injured and Keith went full blown terminator.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The only team I hated during our Golden Age that was a realistic threat was Vancouver. Didn’t hate Philly, just hated Pronger. I’d probably resent the Ducks more but all we did was beat them. Kings were great and talented but we beat them sandwiched around the year they beat us.

Philly was thin on defense. Boston was scary but Crow went super saiyan. Tampa was injured and Keith went full blown terminator.

Not that they ever had a chance of beating us.... but I hated the Mild and sending them packing was always incredibly satisfying.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad